Partner Zone

Invoice duplicate number

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AITTSV
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

Invoice duplicate number

Invoices we created are duplicating the number.  I just created an invoice today and MYOB has given it the same invoice number as an invoice created yesterday.  There are 2 invoices created yesterday to 2 different customers that also have the same number.  This is creating a nightmare for our accounts section.

28 REPLIES 28
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: Invoice duplicate number

Hi @AITTSV 

Can you please try entering the invoice number manually higher in the sequence for the next invoice that you create and check if the next invoices are created correctly without getting duplicated? At this stage, there's no option to present the warnings for duplicates but this is something that might change in the future versions. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
619 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

619Posts

105Kudos

3Solutions

@Komal_S wrote:

Hi @AITTSV 

Can you please try entering the invoice number manually higher in the sequence for the next invoice that you create and check if the next invoices are created correctly without getting duplicated? At this stage, there's no option to present the warnings for duplicates but this is something that might change in the future versions. 

seriously? this is your suggestion? in the OLD MYOB this NEVER Happened...ive had this happen too...needs to be fixed asap!!

hawkesbury1
3 Posts
User

3Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

I agree, it is a nightmare with invoice numbers being duplicated to different clients. Never was an issue with the old version so it should be an easy fix for MYOB.

Nathan88
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

38Posts

29Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Guys, this is still happening? This is not a solution. We had a perfectly fine sequencing of Invoice and quote numbers which now doesn't work and on top of this we keep getting duplicates for no reason?

MYOB - Invoices.jpg
Nathan88
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

38Posts

29Kudos

0Solutions

As per the above i have increased the sequence number and it is still duplicating. This is not good enough. How is there no check once you hit save and the invoice is "created"? 

DamienP
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

We are also having the same problem. This is disgraceful how can MYOB who i might add have been around for a longtime, release a version that dulicates invoice numbers. We invoice anywhere from 20 - 50 invoices a day, so MYOB this is not helping. - Sort it out!!!!

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
619 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

619Posts

105Kudos

3Solutions

@Nathan88 wrote:

As per the above i have increased the sequence number and it is still duplicating. This is not good enough. How is there no check once you hit save and the invoice is "created"? 

In the old essentials it would not have allowed this to happen. You would have got a error message🥺

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
619 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

619Posts

105Kudos

3Solutions

@Nathan88 wrote:

In the old essentials it would not have allowed this to happen. You would have got a error message. 

Nathan88
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

38Posts

29Kudos

0Solutions

Yep, we are getting about 2-3 a day, very confusing for our clientelle when numbers are changing. All i have been told is "feedback has been passed along" I don't believe this is feedback if this is a fault in the functionality?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post