Invoice duplicate number

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: Invoice duplicate number

Hi everyone

We understand your concerns but as mentioned in my previous post, this is something that is being worked on. At this stage, in order to jump out of the sequence that's duplicating, please create an invoice with a new sequence and it should create the invoice numbers correctly. With regards to presenting warnings for duplicate invoice numbers, we will post an update once we have further information. 

We do apologise for the inconvenience caused due to this. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Nathan88
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

38Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Komal,

So my current sequence is "TM-IXXXX" for essentially our company initials a dash and then I for invoice followed by the number of said invoice being "XXXX"

I changed it to TM-XXXX to remove the "I" for Invoice and it still occured.

Do i need to just scrap everything and make it XXXX?

The other issue is due to quotes and invoices sharing the same sequence how do i easily check if the number has been duplicated on an invoice and on a quote? Extremely annoying to jump between the two and then have to constantly check to ensure it is not happening.

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @Nathan88 

Yes, please try removing the alphabetic characters as it should make a difference. The check for invoices and quotes will have to be manual at this stage but as it is not ideal, our teams are working to have warnings in place in the future releases. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Nathan88
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

38Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

HI Komal,
After a 3 hour phone call with your support, they have determined that there is a bug in which there is no check for the invoice/quote number. It does not matter what the sequencing is it will continue to happen. This can be easily replicated if more then one person makes a quote or invoice at the same time. If i manually re-name the invoice number i could essentially have 100 duplicates of the same name. 

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @Nathan88 

Thank you for updating the post. The check is not available for duplication currently but we do understand that it's an essential feature and will update you once there is any development on it. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Nathan88
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

38Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

It is not an "essential feature" it is a software bug, you should not ever be able to duplicate a number like that. Is there any update, i can longer get a response from my emails. Xero is looking pretty enticing at this point the customer service and lack of response is extremely disheartening.

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
624 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

624Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

I have this in bills..what am I meant to do with the puchases duplicated? this needs to be FIXED ASAP. 

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 3.26.17 pm.png

AITTSV
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

Your solution did not help at all.

We have tried entering the next number in the sequence but the invoice numbers keep duplicating.

On top of that, we are now getting duplication of invoice numbers from invoices created weeks ago.  EG we are up to 6932 but each time we create and invoice the system creates it as 6910.  We have also had invoices create backwards, we have had 2 today create as 6909.

We have also noticed that when we change address details for a customer in the Contacts section, it won't update the invoice like the previous system did.  We have had to delete invoices and go and recreate the invoice with the same number so that the correct address displays.  Wasting our time.

This is ridiculous.  When is the issue going to be fixed.

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
624 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

624Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

@AITTSV wrote:

Your solution did not help at all.

We have tried entering the next number in the sequence but the invoice numbers keep duplicating.

On top of that, we are now getting duplication of invoice numbers from invoices created weeks ago.  EG we are up to 6932 but each time we create and invoice the system creates it as 6910.  We have also had invoices create backwards, we have had 2 today create as 6909.

We have also noticed that when we change address details for a customer in the Contacts section, it won't update the invoice like the previous system did.  We have had to delete invoices and go and recreate the invoice with the same number so that the correct address displays.  Wasting our time.

This is ridiculous.  When is the issue going to be fixed.

weve been trying to fix my  duplicae purchase number which is wasting my timeMan Frustrated....not getting work done.. this needs to be fixed ASAP..

Maria01
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

21Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Has this been actioned or given preferential attention as this is really important too? Manually checking them just to see the duplicate numbers is time consuming specially on volumes of invoices and MYOB should look on this as priority.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post