Invoice duplicate number

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
lousullivan
Experienced User
32 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

32Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Invoice duplicate number

@Maria01 wrote:

Has this been actioned or given preferential attention as this is really important too? Manually checking them just to see the duplicate numbers is time consuming specially on volumes of invoices and MYOB should look on this as priority.

bill numbers seem to be sequencing correctly now...and we got a credit from MYOB for the inconvenience. 

Kolanda
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Duplicate invoice numbers

Why is Essentials still producing duplicate invoice numbers for seperate clients?

This happens time and times again.

I have so many duplicated invoice numbers it is going to take me days to track them all down.

TBH I have always enjoyed working with Myob but right at the moment I switch in a heartbeat if it was my desicion. 

This has been a long term problem, is it going to be resolved at some stage or is this just the new reality of book keeping? I should keep a paper ledger along side so I can make sure my software is on track? Seems a bit redundant.

Kolanda
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

So essentailly what myob are telling us is that we need to keep a paper ledger alongside Myob to keep track of invoicing numbers so that we can keep editing our Myob software to do our bookwork correctly? Seems kind of redundant don't you think?

At this point I have so many duplicate invoice numbers for so many multiple companies I will have to spend days tracking them all down. This is a very very very basic requirement in accounting, why is this even an issue?

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
624 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

624Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

@Kolanda wrote:

So essentailly what myob are telling us is that we need to keep a paper ledger alongside Myob to keep track of invoicing numbers so that we can keep editing our Myob software to do our bookwork correctly? Seems kind of redundant don't you think?

At this point I have so many duplicate invoice numbers for so many multiple companies I will have to spend days tracking them all down. This is a very very very basic requirement in accounting, why is this even an issue?

put in a request to MYOB, took me days to get the bills sequencing right....they gave me $50 credit...it does seem to be sueqencing correctly now....but I had to put in a complaint/request to get it fixed...and ask for credit..ive wasted days/weeks fixing their mistakes...

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
624 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

624Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

@Kolanda wrote:

At this point I have so many duplicate invoice numbers for so many multiple companies I will have to spend days tracking them all down. This is a very very very basic requirement in accounting, why is this even an issue?i am back to bill nu,bers not senquencing again Man Frustrated i have opened cases, MYOB write back a unhelpful reply, close the case and nothing is fxedMan Mad when is this going to be fixed..sick of having to keep editing the bill numbers...it was working now its stopped. 

Nathan88
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

38Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

I am afraid it looks like that way.

To avoid duplication you can only have 1 user doing quotes or invoices at any one time, kind of makes the idea of the product redundant. 

I don't have the time to sit on hold for another 3 hours to be told someone will be investigating this and that this is a "feature" that could be added on a future upgrade. This is a huge bug and should not be possible, i still have no idea why the quote and invoice numbers went from being seperate sequential numbers to a shared number system, Now when i try and look through old quotes the filtering is a nightmare. 

There are so many issues with the new update i do not understand how there was not a beta testing phase or otherwise and if there was, whoever did the testing obviously does not use MYOB on a daily basis. 

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
624 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

624Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

@Nathan88 wrote:

I am afraid it looks like that way.

To avoid duplication you can only have 1 user doing quotes or invoices at any one time, kind of makes the idea of the product redundant. 

I don't have the time to sit on hold for another 3 hours to be told someone will be investigating this and that this is a "feature" that could be added on a future upgrade. This is a huge bug and should not be possible, i still have no idea why the quote and invoice numbers went from being seperate sequential numbers to a shared number system, Now when i try and look through old quotes the filtering is a nightmare. 

There are so many issues with the new update i do not understand how there was not a beta testing phase or otherwise and if there was, whoever did the testing obviously does not use MYOB on a daily basis. 

this is in bills tho not quotes...tho I have found invoice numbers duplicated...it was working now its stopped...but agree with you....

Jo6030
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

This is also happening to me and now its June......MYOB have had months to fix this issue and nothing.

How can you have accounting software that duplicates Invoices numbers.....without warning......I have had this issue in the past and thought it was my error but now I realise after a client refused to pay an invoice because she had previously paid it....turns out that it was 2 different invoices with the same number....which took me many emails and a lot of my time to fix....only to discover that i have numerous invoices with matching invoice numbers!!!!!!!! It gives me a headache just thinking about how to fix them all Smiley Sad((

I am a small business owner trying to do it all and these issues are a nightmare making me spend precious time, that I dont have spare, to resolve them Smiley Sad(

This new version of Essentials has SSSOOOOOO many issues and from my experience none of them are being resolved....If I wasnt selling my business I would be changing to another company on 1st July

Jo6030
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

This happens to me too with duplicate numbers and Im the only one who generates invoices / quotes Smiley Sad((

This has been an issue for others for months and still no fix from MYOB...so frustration, i hate this new update and if i wasnt selling my business I would be changing companies Smiley Sad

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post