Job codes not showing income

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Peter-W
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Job codes not showing income

Having established Job Codes for two other Essentials instances i setup Job Codes for a new instance of MYOB and not getting the same results.

In the first two instance, income, costs and expenses all show as expected.

In the nw instance of MYOB Essentials only costs and expenses are showing against the job codes, no income is shown against any of the job codes in this instance.

Anyone had similar issues?

8 REPLIES 8
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Job codes not showing income

Hi @Peter-W 

Welcome to the Community Forum. Is there a particular report you are looking at where you aren't seeing income shown against these job codes?

If you could reply with a screenshot of that report and an example transaction that would help. 

(You can use the Microsoft snipping tool to create screenshots and remove sensitive information, then click on Photos to upload).

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Peter-W
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hello
sorry for delayed response.

Not looking at a report, just looking at the summary from Accounting | Jobs

(KDI Jobs Income.jpg)

The Job P&L report looks the same, no income.

The Job Activity and Job Activity Acrual.jpg report appears to show credits and debits that dont tally with what you see with Accounting | Jobs summary screen or Job P&L report. 

Thanks
Peter

KDI-Jobs-JobTransAccrual.jpg
KDI-Jobs-Income.jpg
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Hi Peter (@Peter-W)

Sorry for the delay in response.

Are you also able to reply with a screenshot of one of those transactions we could use as an example to replicate the issue?

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Peter-W
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hello Samara,

No problem - things get busy.

Sure, here's invoice 2 showing the jobcode for annual subs

image.png

It's odd that no income shows against any of the job codes. However there appears to be cost of sales that roughly tallies with what should be income, shown as a negative number.   Expenses raised against the job code decrease that value. Journals and Costs raised against job codes sometimes appear, but not reliably.

Thanks

Peter

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Hi Peter (@Peter-W)

Thank you for providing that screenshot. The reason that there is nothing showing under income is that neither of the 2 accounts being used - 5-2020 and 1-1250 - are an income account type.

If you wanted to have it shown as an income line, then you would need to have the account as a 4-xxxx type account.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Peter-W
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you

Sorry for the delay - i was looking at the 4-xxx and other codes used and looking at how to change them now they've been used.

What is the best way to re-number these, can i just make them 4-xxxx or is there a process i can/need to follow?

Thanks

Peter

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Peter-W 

From the software perspective, you can just go into the accounts list and create a new Income account.

If you're unsure of what number to use we recommend checking with your accountant/bookkeeper to ensure that everything is recorded and reported correctly in your software.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Peter-W
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you,

thats what i;ve done, then gone back and adjusted the account used and it now seems to tally.

Thanks,

Peter

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post