Partner Zone

MYOB ESSENTIALS INVOICE & QUOTE NUMBERING?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
dora1
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

50Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

What is going on with MYOB ESSENTIALS INVOICE & QUOTE NUMBERING?

In old essentials it would automatically go to next number, this Essentials NEW is absoltuely rubbish with random numbers generated for the next invoice or quote? there is no order to this awful new system

When will this be fixed?

32 REPLIES 32
WriteSource
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

31Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB ESSENTIALS INVOICE & QUOTE NUMBERING?

Yep - it seems to give the quotation number? And quotation numbers nolonger are prefixed with Q?  And the date doesn't update to today's date - its frustrating having to remember all these extra steps.

JanJ
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

42Posts

41Kudos

0Solutions

I agree - why does it no longer generate the next sequential number for a quote or an invoice - eg QXXXXX or IVXXXXX as it used to  - instead it defaults to the sequential from the last number used (which may be a quote OR invoice).  PLEASE go back to how it was

SandyCorn
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

I agree totally! We just sent off an invoice for a job completed today that is already showing as 5 weeks overdue because the date did not update when creating the invoice from the quote.  This has left our client bewildered and us looking like incompetant idiots.  This such a BASIC thing for invoicing and should be fixed immediately.

stagehand
Experienced User
23 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

23Posts

62Kudos

0Solutions

The invoice/quote numbering issue is a DEFECT, as is the Due Date not being updated when an invoice is generated from a quote. I don't understand why we are having to beg a vendor to fix defects with their product.

dora1
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

50Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB,

is this fixed?

It is beyond frustrating and bewildering that a newer system has gone back to an accounting system operating like we are in the early 2000s?

dora1
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

50Kudos

0Solutions

WHEN WILL MYOB ESSENTIALS INVOICE & QUOTE NUMBERING BE FIXED TO AUTONUMBERING CORRECTLY?

Currently numbers are random and all over the place

wadenwater
1 Post
User

1Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

I am having the same issue with quoting and invoice numbering. If I invoice only it will automatically use the next invoice number, but if I do a quote in between it will use the invoice number on the quote instead of using the next quote number, so then if  manulaly change it to the next quote number the next time I do an invoice it will then bring up the next quote number instead of the next invoice number. It is extremly frustrating as it was all fine then this garbage happens and it mucks up all the numbers and hard to trace things back. Please fix the issue

Nathan88
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

38Posts

29Kudos

0Solutions

Same issue here, quote numbers are defaulting to an I prefix and the number sequence i cannot figure out. 

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

235Solutions

Hi all

Invoice references in the original Essentials did have a letter portion, however, on the updated version it is designed to default to an 8-digit number.

It will use the first available number, but sometimes when old invoices are deleted, it will try to use that number and affects the sequence. This might be why it seems random, as it is filling in those gaps. 

If you would prefer it to not do that, there is a workaround to make the software 'remember' a new sequence. You would manually change the invoice number to a higher number. After doing this for a few invoices, the software will remember the new sequence and automatically pick the next number.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post