MYOB - please fix these Frustrating issues

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
CCBell
Experienced User
29 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

29Posts

16Kudos

1Solutions

MYOB - please fix these Frustrating issues

* Spend Money - the Record button takes you back to the Transaction List.  You have to use the DROP DOWN BOX "Record & New" to take you to the next spend money page... .... very inefficient.

* On the invoice list screen, there is an "Activity" column but no "sent" column as before.?  This would be helpful to bring back the sent column

* Invoice Description Line needs to be widen to make viewing and working on the invoice more manageable.

* Can't change a customer on saved invoice - have had a response from MYOB that seems SO TIME WASTING .... just going back to old Essentials, especially in this aspect would be a better solution.

.... here is the response .... "Once an invoice has been saved you would not be able to update the customer on that transaction. However, what you could do would be to use the Save and duplicate option. This would save the original transaction and duplicate the invoice. As this duplication is actually a new invoice, just with pre-populated information, you can update the customer on that invoice to be the required one before saving that invoice. You can then delete the original invoice if not required." 

* Can not add a item line to a Quote

* Can not add a Blank Line to a Quote

* When you Save a Quote or Invoice it does not take you to the List page, leaves you on the invoice/quote page that you just saved.

*Quotes / Invoice numbers do not appear in order 

*Quotes / Invoice number do not rollover - it was working now it it not

* When entering items on an invoice if you type the item number too fast it takes you to "create item" and you have to click out of there and type the item number SLOWER so that the system can catch up !!!!!! 

This is not a very user friendly upgrade ..... please support your customers and address these problems.... 

11 REPLIES 11
JanJ
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

42Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB - please fix these Frustrating issues

Agree with all of the above - hoping this will be sorted soon.  These issues and others with the 'upgrade' are very frustrating

Harlow
1 Post
User

1Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Agreed on all points.

The whole upgrade is a complete mess and has added untold issues to a previously simple day.  It is even becoming embarrassing when faced with these issues and they leak to the customer by way of rigid invoice structure that does not allow ANY mods and being misled on invoice or quotation numbers because of a faulty upgradeed program...

dora1
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

Agreed, new essentials is absolutely an inferior product to old essentials

MYOB dont take it seriously when contacting their support

Infuriating 

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
622 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

622Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

@CCBell wrote:

* Spend Money - the Record button takes you back to the Transaction List.  You have to use the DROP DOWN BOX "Record & New" to take you to the next spend money page... .... very inefficient.

* On the invoice list screen, there is an "Activity" column but no "sent" column as before.?  This would be helpful to bring back the sent column

* Invoice Description Line needs to be widen to make viewing and working on the invoice more manageable. 

* Can't change a customer on saved invoice - have had a response from MYOB that seems SO TIME WASTING .... just going back to old Essentials, especially in this aspect would be a better solution.

.... here is the response .... "Once an invoice has been saved you would not be able to update the customer on that transaction. However, what you could do would be to use the Save and duplicate option. This would save the original transaction and duplicate the invoice. As this duplication is actually a new invoice, just with pre-populated information, you can update the customer on that invoice to be the required one before saving that invoice. You can then delete the original invoice if not required."Yes this is most annoying- ive just created a purchase and i cant change the supplier contact.....so ill have to do save and duplicate (time consuming). Man Frustrated

* Can not add a item line to a Quote

* Can not add a Blank Line to a Quote

* When you Save a Quote or Invoice it does not take you to the List page, leaves you on the invoice/quote page that you just saved.  Yes this is most annoying and wish it would return to the list page..

*Quotes / Invoice numbers do not appear in order 

*Quotes / Invoice number do not rollover - it was working now it it not

* When entering items on an invoice if you type the item number too fast it takes you to "create item" and you have to click out of there and type the item number SLOWER so that the system can catch up !!!!!! 

This is not a very user friendly upgrade ..... please support your customers and address these problems.... 

also can you stop with the duplicating bill numbers/invoice numbers. in the old MYOB it didnt allow  invoices/bill numbers to duplicate....

Stellar23
3 Posts
User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

The new upgrade on MYOB essentials is frustrating.

Besides having some really dumb changes there are still irritating problems.

I have spent hours on the phone waiting for help.

I am a small business that does not need many features.

My current issue is the column width in the Item ID in my sales invoice.

It only allows 3.5 characters.

The full Item ID can be seen when viewing the PDF or when printing but not when entering data in the sales invoice .

The Item ID column width is fine when entering the same data in the bills or purchases.

There must be some way to widen the sales Item ID column.

MYOB problem ITEM ID column width in sales.png
Stellar23
3 Posts
User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Agreed the upgrade to Essentials has created a night mare for my small business and MYOB are doind nothing.

Their experts are not up to it,

I am old so I will not change but are recommending any thing else but MYOB to everyone.

westcaremc
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

My contribution is that when creating a bill from the In Tray the most annoying thing is how it shows side by side document view which does NOT give you a clear view.  Also cannot create a bill with Items and as I have a comprehensive items list it is super annoying.  Also I noticed the other day when allocating bank transactions to purchases it was not giving me all the bills for that supplier even though I specified it.  This new MYOB Essentials is the worst upgrade that MYOB has implemented.  I simply hate it and I have been using most of the products for over 20 years.  Please roll it back to the previous edition with an apology!  MYOB Teams is the single most useless timesheet app/program and I have reverted to an alternative program.  There is NO customisation for standard hours of leave (some of our workers have standard 9 hour day).  I have resisted our Accountants pleas to change to XERO and to be honest I am seriously thinking of it.  

ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Hello @CCBell 

Thank you for your post and feedback about the update. 

I have passed this on to our development team. I would also suggest posting these suggestions on our MYOB Essentials Ideas Exchange board. This is where users are able to post and vote for features that they would like to see implemented into the MYOB Essentials software. 

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
622 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

622Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

since been upgraded to the new MYOB essentials weve lost two invoices that have disappeared...i have the hard copies but why have they disappeared from open invoices?  if they have disappeared what else has disappeared? 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post