Partner Zone

Matching payments to invoices

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ThomasB-J
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

Matching payments to invoices

I am having a lot of issues with MYOB at the moment. First, if you see the screenshot I have atached there is no wah to match these payments to an invoice as it gives you no indication as to who paid it.

Secondly, I sent an invoice and on it it had the wrong name, the wrong amount and wrong date on it. The invoice that I sent was completely different to the one I made, I will send those screenshots privately due to confidentiality but it had a name of a lcient that I had never heard before on it and the figure was way off.

It also resent a paid invoice email to a client without me sending it - whagt is going on? Is there a bug?

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 12.44.33 pm.png
5 REPLIES 5
JanJ
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

42Posts

41Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Multiple issues with MYOB at the moment

Experiencing the same thing with invoices!

MarkW1105
3 Posts
User

3Posts

20Kudos

0Solutions

I am experiencing the same issue. There is no way to match the bank payment the customers that have paid. The only match options provided are for the customers yet to pay. This "upgrade" is causing a lot of grief and making a process that used to be simple extremely frustrating. I will likely be transferring to another service if the system is not rectified in the near future.

ThomasB-J
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Matching payments to invoices

Bump - can anyone from myob asssit?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Matching payments to invoices

Hi @ThomasB-J 

The following thread should help with identifying your online payment transaction payments: Determining PAYBY transactions. In short, there is the Online Payments report that showcases that information.

With regard to the second query, generally speaking, this is something that would recommend contacting our phone-based team to look into as soon as possible. This is so that we can have our phone-based teams do an initial investigation and potentially pass that across to the required team for further investigation. Generally speaking, it's caused by a delay in the online email system but it is recommended that you contact that as soon as it does occur with all the necessary information so we can prevent further instances of it occurring. Resending that invoice to the correct recipient should correct that situation.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

lousullivan
Experienced User
32 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

32Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

@MarkW1105 wrote:

I am experiencing the same issue. There is no way to match the bank payment the customers that have paid. The only match options provided are for the customers yet to pay. This "upgrade" is causing a lot of grief and making a process that used to be simple extremely frustrating. I will likely be transferring to another service if the system is not rectified in the near future.

i am having a similar issue where a client paid for a invoice with the pay now button, using their credit card but it hasn't applied to the invoice to the payment which it has done before,  so we have a open invoice for the client ,a payment with fees  but its not attached the payment to the invoice. 

i am told this by support 

The software will only do what is designed to do based on the parameters of its intended use. We not do not control what your payments are allocated to.

These are decisions you need to make for yourself and if you are unsure you may need to speak to an accountant. You can do this in the software here.

not helpful at all...

i found this on your wesite 

Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 1.41.45 pm.png

i have also suggested allowing is to pass on the bpay charge to the client. annoying we cop the charge. Man Frustrated

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post