Not able to email or PDF invoices

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
andrewacc
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Not able to email or PDF invoices

Is anyone else having issues with sending invoices or exproting PDFs. I have been using MYOB Essentials for 8 years and now this has stopped working for me. It is also impossible to contact support via phone or chat! 

It displays an error "something went wrong" when trying to email. I have tried to create a new template with no success of finxing the issue. Also tried emailing from the phone APP with no luck either.

If anyone has any answers it would be appreciated as it is hard to run a business without invoicing!!!

9 REPLIES 9
Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Re: Not able to email or PDF invoices

Hi @andrewacc

Welcome to the Community Forum ! Can you please provide a screenshot of the exact window you're in and the error message you get so I can take a look into this for you. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

andrewacc
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

MYOB Print error.png
andrewacc
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

this is after selecting "email invoice" from any invoice.

Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Hi @andrewacc

I've had a script run over your file that should resolve this, can you please sign out of your file > clear your browser cache > sign back in and attempt to email. Does it work ?

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

andrewacc
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Melisa,

No not working. It looks like it is something to do with online payments not being available. I havn no way of deslecting it in payment settings and it is offline in settings. Looks like it can't create a PDF as can't get that element.

Andrew

straightarrow
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I am having a similar problem with trying to view an invoice I created. 

I clicked save to ensure that the information was not lost.  If I then go to Invoices, the new invoice is not present, and so I have to enter all the data again.

When I click 'View PDF', the button dims for a second and nothing further happens.  I have cleared the cache in my browser (Windows 10, 'Chrome is up to date, Version 110.0.5481.178 (Official Build) (64-bit)', but this has not fixed the problem.

What used to take two minutes in the old MYOB Essentials has now taken an hour without a result.  Not happy.

andrewacc
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Is there any update to this error resolution. I have been unable to invoice for over a week! I have also raised a ticket which has been escalate as online chat could not resolve. Still no response back. MYOB really needs to work on better support, not being able to invoice in an accounting software platform is ridiculus! 

andrewacc
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

The issue has been resolved. This ewas an issue with the online paymnet account. We were marked as obsolute, which required resolution by the online payments team. 

straightarrow
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I found a workaround for my problem.  As I am no longer registered for GST, I was using GNR as the tax code, getting nowhere.  By changing the tax code to FRE, I was able to continue with the generation of the invoice.  I suspect that the problem is (was?) a glitch in the software with handling the GNR tax code.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post