Quick typing into notes field

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
RubbleMasters
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Quick typing into notes field

Just went to type invoices and now due to an update cannot type my comments into the notes box, WHY would MYOB change this function, the old notes box and its ease of quick entry is one of the reasons we went with MYOB. the function of quick entry to the notes section is vital for our invoice recording and for our customers for their quick referance.

If there is no way of bringing back the old platform i will be going to a different system.

I am sick of big companys changing a system for the sake of change, go back to the old update, it worked, i did not ask for any change, leave the system alone.......,

21 REPLIES 21
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

157Kudos

380Solutions

Re: Quick typing into notes field

Hi @RubbleMasters 

I am sorry to hear you are not happy with the upgraded Essentials programme. When you create an invoice you should be able to add comments into the Notes to customer box. What happens when you try to type your comments in this box?

If you have recurring notes for your customers, you can save these to save on data entry.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

RubbleMasters
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hello, thanks for the reply, 

yes i should be able to add quick notes into the box, the notes box has now changed so all i can do is pick or add a note heading and create a multiple use note. i used to be able to type a quick customer specific note in the bottom box which i cannot do any more.

each one of my invoices is customer specific and different, i use the notes to add materials types and addresses for each job, not one is the same.

it will not let me add just one quick note without creating headdings and adding it to the notes dropdown.

MMAU
Trusted Cover User
115 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

115Posts

8Kudos

3Solutions

Same here. Appears to be a bug. Basically the cursor is hidden so you cannot see what you are typing in the box below Notes. Big problem which needs to be fixed ASAP. Screenshot attached. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 11.56.10 pm.png
RubbleMasters
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

yep, thats what ive got..

Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

157Kudos

380Solutions

Hi @RubbleMasters and @MMAU 

Thanks for the extra information. You should be able to type quicknotes in that box. Could you confirm whether you are using Google Chrome as your browser? I would recommend clearing the cache first. If this doesn't work, for some users, disabling the hardware acceleration was fixing the issue. While for others, keeping the hardware acceleration option ON has resolved the auto-hiding problem.

Here are the steps to enable or disable the hardware acceleration usage in the chrome browser:

1. Launch the Chrome browser
  2. Select Chrome Settings
  3. Under the System section, toggle the ‘Use hardware acceleration when available.’

Chrome Settings Use hardware acceleration when available

As I mentioned, keep this toggle enabled or disabled based on how it’s resolving the mouse cursor auto-hide in the chrome browser.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

MMAU
Trusted Cover User
115 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

115Posts

8Kudos

3Solutions

Safari. This is a bug on MYOB's side which needs to be fixed ASAP.

Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

157Kudos

380Solutions

Hi @MMAU 

MYOB Essentials/Business is a browser-based product that does work on multiple browsers. We recommend the use of Google Chrome as it is the most stable and can contain the fewer display errors such as these that we have come across.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

MMAU
Trusted Cover User
115 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

115Posts

8Kudos

3Solutions

We've used MYOB with Safari for many years now with no problems. We do not wish to switch to Chrome. Safari is the default browser within the Apple ecosystem and there are many reasons, privacy and other where we do not wish to switch browsers. Whatever has happened, either with an update to Safari or with MYOB, the notes section on invoices is now broken and it would be great if MYOB software developers can take a look to remedy. 

RubbleMasters
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

we only use myob on the MAC and it has worked well with no hicups or bugs until now, all other browser platforms are substandard on a MAC compared to safari.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post