Bills not linking to payments

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MrPainter39
2 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Bills not linking to payments

I have monthly bills that are marked overdue even thought the payments are marked allocated in my bank feed. Why are they not being marked as payed?

3 REPLIES 3
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Bills not linking to payments

Hi @MrPainter39 

Welcome to the Community Forum.

For each bank transaction you have 2 options. You can match or allocate it. Matching is used to mark an existing MYOB transaction as being paid. Allocate is used for transactions not entered in MYOB.

If you have been allocating instead of matching, then it would cause the original bill as remaining open and another Spend Money being created. If this is the case you would need to remove the allocation and match instead for all of those payments. 

For more information on the difference between matching/allocating: Working with bank transactions.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

MrPainter39
2 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

The bills that have been created are remaining open, after the payment has come through on the bank feed. Should they not automatically match to the bank transaction? They used to before this 'update'.

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Hi @MrPainter39 

Yes, the software can do Automatic Matching on this version. Essentials will try to automatically Match Transactions from your Bank Feeds with existing Essentials Transactions.

There are a few situations that it looks for when doing the auto-match:

• Same date
  • The exact same amount
  • Same type (searching sales or bills depending if it was a withdrawal or deposit)
  • If there are any other transactions for the same amount (If there are two identical transactions, a match won’t happen)

Hope that helps and if you are still not able to work out why it's not Automatically Matching, getting a screenshot would be ideal. (redacting any sensitive information or you can send it through Private Message).

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post