Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Cant open or view uploaded invoices

Since the latest upgrade I have been unable to access any unploaded invoices attached to both CC and Bank transactions. The invoices display 0 bytes and cannot be uploaded via the upload icon on the RHS. They cannot be viewed at all. I am using a Mac and my browser is Firefox.

This is a new issue...

Any assistance will be appreciated

Aj

5 REPLIES 5
SamaraM
MYOB Moderator
1,449 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,449Posts

56Kudos

180Solutions

Re: Cant open or view uploaded invoices

Hi @akj 

Thank you for your post. The first troubleshooting step I recommend is to clear the browser cache which will force the browser to refresh the information and can resolve some display issues. It might also be worth switching to Google Chrome as that is the recommended browser for Essentials. 

If after doing the above, you are still not able to view the In Tray Documents could you reply with a screenshot and the last 4 digits of your Serial Number so I can reproduce the error on my end?

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

akj
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Samara

Cleared Cache no change... Switched to Google Chrome no change. Have been told to press control J but thats no resolution. I just want to view as easily as before. 

Also the sending of emails is so slow now. It takes ages for the ''' Sending'' to appear I worry Im sending them twice. Is this another problem ?

I have so many issues with this new upgrade...

Last four digits 9362

Thanks

Andrea

Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 5.23.54 pm.png
SamaraM
MYOB Moderator
1,449 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,449Posts

56Kudos

180Solutions

Hi Andrea (@akj)

Thanks for sending me that screenshot.

I can see @Komal_S has reported the issue with 0 bytes to our team and responded on this thread: Cant review invoice attachments Come up 0 bytes.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need assistance in the future.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

akj
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Samara

So no resolution here with zero bytes and now I have the old issue of customer payment allocations not working.

I followed the instructions on MYOB which are out of date

• From the Sales menu, choose Take payments.
  • Select the customer in the From field and choose the Into account.
  • Enter the total amount of the payment (including the overpayment) in the Payment amount field.

Take payments no longer exists on the upgrade...

Then I tried this outlandish nonsense for a simple procedure

• Go to the Sales menu and choose Invoices.
  • Click Create invoice.
    An Invoice number is automatically generated, based on the last number used. If you want, you can change this number.

• In the Customer field, select the customer from the list. The customer’s address appears.

• If applicable, choose a Message to customer. You can also add a note about the return in the field below. The message and notes will appear on the customer's return.
  • Check the date in the Issue date field.

So still no luck !

The credit is created It takes invoices applied  BUt it doesnt allow allocation of the original payment from the bank statement

ANy suggestions appreciated as I cannot reconcile until the payments are allocated accordingly

Thanks Andrea

SamaraM
MYOB Moderator
1,449 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,449Posts

56Kudos

180Solutions

Hi @akj 

Sorry for the delay in response. On the updated version of Essentials, taking payments is done by going to Sales then Create invoice payment. 

This Help Article has detailed information and instructions on creating a payment: Customer payments.  

Hope that helps. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post