Discrepancy between cash balance on cash flow statement and balance sheet

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
CSSK_Neil
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Discrepancy between cash balance on cash flow statement and balance sheet

There is a discrepancy between the bank balance shown on the cash flow statement at the end of one period (eg 31 Dec 2021) and the start of the next period (ie the starting balance for the CF statement for 2022). The balance sheet aligns with the starting balance, not the end of the 2021 CF statement balance.

I have found that there is a transaction against retained earnings dated 31/12/2021 that is responsible for the discrepancy, which appears to be a system generated transaction when the financial year is rolled over.

How can I correct this? It means that the "Cash at the end of the period" according to the balance sheet and cash flow statement is always out of balance.

1 REPLY 1
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Discrepancy between cash balance on cash flow statement and balance sheet

Hi @CSSK_Neil 

Welcome to the Community Forum. The first troubleshooting steps I recommend is clearing the cache which can resolve some odd behaviour in reports and forms: Clearing the AccountRight Cache.

If the reports still don't look quite right after attempting to above, would you be able to provide screenshots of both, so I can reproduce the error on my end?

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post