Duplicate Journal Entries on Import

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
KarenP1
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

22Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Duplicate Journal Entries on Import

Hello, We have a billing system that is seperate to AccountRight and each day we hve a journal batch that is created that we import to bring those transactions into AccountRight. We have had instances where there have been duplicated transactions. I ahve checked and the transactions do not exist in the import file. THis has happened several times and initial we though it was just a user error accidentally importing teh file twice. We are now very careful and beleive that this is not the case but are still getting isntances of transactions being duplicated. Has anyone come across this before ?

Thanks

Karen

5 REPLIES 5
SupportNoteGuy
MYOB Staff
168 Posts
MYOB Staff
Australia
MYOB Staff

168Posts

74Kudos

11Solutions

Re: Duplicate Journal Entries on Import

Hi @KarenP1 - sorry for the late reply, and sorry to hear about your strange importing issue...

I haven't come across anything like this before - are you still experiencing the issue?

Kind regards,

Adrian
KarenP1
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

22Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Adrian

We seem to have the issue intermittantly, and yes unfortunately we are still having the problem. Not sure what the solution is to be honest as I can't work out what the trigger is

thanks

Karen

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @KarenP1 

Are those entries automatically imported through API from the third-party app or do you manually import them using File>>Import/Export Assistant? If the import is manual, please attach a sample import file here so we can test this further. 

If not, the issue would be with the integration between the third-party app and the software, in which case you would have to reach out to the billing system to get this fixed. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

KarenP1
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

22Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Komal

The files are manually imported using the File->Import/Export Asissitant. I've attached an example file. 

thanks

Karen

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @KarenP1 

We have investigated your import file and there are duplicate records in the import file itself due to which duplicate records are being imported.  Please clean the import file and ensure one transaction ID is only entered once and you will be able to import succesfully.

Feel free to post should you have further queries. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post