Editing Customer Emails

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
KR62
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Editing Customer Emails

Hi all

I am trying to add an additional email to a customer contact, but it keeps coming up with the following error when I save it:  An unrecognised error occurred - Cards_EmailInvalid

It's not an invalid email address, it appears to be a glitch somewhere. Can anyone help please?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
LRBooks61
Ultimate Cover User
1,054 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,054Posts

217Kudos

124Solutions

Re: Editing Customer Emails

Hi

ARe you putting a ; between each email address?

Only thing I can suggest

Lisa

KR62
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Lisa

Yes I am. This particular problem is when there are already 2 emails in the contact, and you want to add another. It's not quite the same process as when you're first creating the contact, and has worked fine up until recently. Very frustrating lol

LRBooks61
Ultimate Cover User
1,054 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,054Posts

217Kudos

124Solutions

I just tried and added a third email into a  card and didn't have an issue, but maybe essentials has a limit of 2 email addresses 

I tried in essentials and got the same message - but I left the ; there and did a ctrl v to paste the email in and that worked fine

Have a try and see if it works ( obviously you need to copy the email address first )

Lisa

KR62
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Lisa. I can add 3 emails when creating a new contact, but can't add a third email to an existing one. Since the update, the way I enter emails is different, I now have to put in the email address & enter, this takes you to the next line. As soon as I save the changes it brings the message up... Smiley Sad

KR62
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hmmm, interesting. I have just done a few tests, and it appears that the error message only comes up when you try to add an extra email address to a contact that has a balance owing. If the account is zero balance, it saves it fine. Wierd!  MYOB, could you have a look at this issue?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

157Kudos

380Solutions

Hi @KR62 

Thanks for your message. I could not get this to replicate in my own software. Could you try to clear the cache and try again. Could you also try with a different email address as well?

If you are still unable to add an extra email address to customer cards with a balance owing, could you please send me screenshots of the error message, a customercard with balance owing and one where there is no balance owing, adding that same email address.

As email addresses are private information, you can send the screenshots to me via Private Message (you can take a screenshot with a snipping tool such as Windows-key + Shift + S in Windows 10). 

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post