Expanding the Contact List Name Tab

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Roz4
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Expanding the Contact List Name Tab

Can anyone help me with this issue??? All I can see on my contact list whether I select All, Customer or Supplier is a purple letter in the Name column  which I am assuming is the first letter of the last name.  I need to be able to see the entire entity name Help Please. 

4 REPLIES 4
Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,760 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,760Posts

78Kudos

343Solutions

Re: Expanding the Contact List Name Tab

Hi @Roz4

Thanks for posting and welcome to Community Forum. 

The Contacts window shows the list of the contacts' names. If the name of the contact is more than 28 characters then the name of the contact would be the first 27 characters of the name followed by three dots (.). In my understanding of your case, you see only 1 character which you are assuming as the first character of the name of the contact. Please send me screenshots of a contact example and the contacts list for us to help further. 

Also, if you have any other questions or assistance needed feel free to reply to this thread. 

Cheers, 

Genreve

Roz4
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

thanks for your reply but this doesnot help me... I need to be able to see the expansion of the tabs. How do I view the entire expansion??

Roz

Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,168 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,168Posts

158Kudos

330Solutions

Hi @Roz4 

Thanks for your post and Welcome to MYOB Community Forum.

In addition to the information that @Genreve_S provided from his reply to your post, you can also click the name of each contact from the list to be able to see the whole name of it since expanding each tab like Name is not yet available. If on the list, it only shows the first letter of the last name of the contact, you may check each contact to see how their first and last name were entered from those fields. 

Since expanding feature is not yet available, I encourage you to please take a moment to post on the MYOB Business/Essentials Ideas Exchange board for consideration. Your ideas and feedback are greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Roz4
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

I find it extremely frustrating and time consuming to have to clck on each customer line because I cannot see the entire customer name. I only see the first letter of the last name.  I am almost to the point of cancelling my MYOB subscription and seeking out another accounting software package.  This cloud version is not user friendly at all.  The same is the case for invoices.  MYOB really needs to put some major effort into expanding all tabs so it is quick and efficient.  

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post