GOI & the GST Return

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
pandw
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

GOI & the GST Return

Hi,

I have imported some product, and need to include the GST on Imports in my GST return.

I'm using MYOB essentials, payments basis.

I would like GST on Imports to show in my GST Return or GST Report

After 3hrs on hold with MYOB, all they could suggest was read the helpfile https://help.myob.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=51806723#expand-2Recordingtheoverseaspurchas....

This MYOB helpfile online seems to be for invoice basis people, and a bit onerous, without really solving the issue of wanting to be able to read off the GST adjustment from the standard return.

So, two questions:

1. How does the GOI code work?

2. Is there a simple way to get the GST adjustment to show up on the standard GST return/report, and then copy it to myIR?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: GOI & the GST Return

Hi @pandw 

Thanks for your post. In that Help Article, Recording overseas purchases and import costs (NZ), there's instructions for recording this if you're using the payments method in Step 2. Recording the overseas purchase:

Using the payments basis?

If you're not creating bills but you're accounting for the GST on imports at the time of payment (e.g. via a bank feed), you can simply allocate the GST at the time of payment directly to the GST Input Tax Adjustment account.  The initial entry to GST Paid to Customs (as shown in step 2 above) and the subsequent journal entry described below in Task 3 'Transferring the GST' does not need to occur. 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

pandw
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: GOI & the GST Return

Thanks.

But it doesn't really answer my questions - how is the GOI code supposed to work? and is there a simple way to get the adjustments to show up on the standard MYOB GST report/return?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post