Gst paid does not appear in the online BAS report

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Maxwell_au
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Gst paid does not appear in the online BAS report

Since the upgrade from essentials to business the online BAS prefill function is broken GST paid does not prefill into the report and i cannot find where to configure this. 

2 REPLIES 2
Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,446 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,446Posts

41Kudos

150Solutions

Re: Gst paid does not appear in the online BAS report

Hi @Maxwell_au 

Thank you for your post. GST report amounts are based off the account code rather than the transaction type. When looking at the GST report, you will notice that the figures in the report are pulled from transactions based on the account codes. This is a change from Essentials which used the transaction type to determine where on the GST report the figures appear. This can give you the impression that some transaction lines aren’t pulling through to the Sale or Purchase amounts on the report. This is by design, as the software uses the account codes to determine which side of the GST report the figure should be included in. 

You may have a look at this Help Article: Get ready to lodge activity statement and Business reports that has all the detailed information and steps to assist you pulling out the correct report and to help you understand why GST paid does not prefill into the BAS report. 

If you need further help, don't hesitate to start a new post and we'll be happy to assist.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Shella_A

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Maxwell_au
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Gst paid does not appear in the online BAS report

Ahh, so what the suggest help articles say in essence is that the prefill only does half a job and you still need to run the GST reports and manually fill in the rest of the details. Essentially the prefil is a nothing feature. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post