Historical Purchase Opening Balance Bill Tax Code Error but no field available to enter tax code

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
andrewCphillips
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Historical Purchase Opening Balance Bill Tax Code Error but no field available to enter tax code

Historical Balance Bill Tax Code Error Message but no field to enter tax code.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: Historical Purchase Opening Balance Bill Tax Code Error but no field available to enter tax code

Hi @andrewCphillips 

Can you check if your business is registered for GST in Business Settings in the software? 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

andrewCphillips
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Historical Purchase Opening Balance Bill Tax Code Error but no field available to enter tax code

Hello Komal

The business is not registered for GST.

I flagged this in business settings.

It appears to be a program bug in purchase invoice. The field for tax code does not appear, but the tax code is being checked by the software upon attempting to save.

The work around I have done is to change the business settings to registered for GST and then flag all accounts as NT.

If this is the case, the program bug in purchases needs to be sorted or the option in business settings to flag no GST needs to be sorted and/or removed

Regards

Andrew Phillips

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post