In tray Invoice Processing Invoice total in the header

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Sppokle
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

23Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

In tray Invoice Processing Invoice total in the header

I use multiple accounting packages, so I get to see which functions are great in all of them. In another package, there is a total at the header of the invoice capturing (AP); this means that when you have to enter line items from "In Tray", the total value of the invoice is not lost. 

MYOB does not have this function, potentially leading to the invoice value being captured incorrectly, as it is not double-checking the total invoice value.

It is rather frustrating when you have to recheck all invoices after a person has captured these invoices.

2 REPLIES 2
Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,316 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,316Posts

114Kudos

259Solutions

Re: In tray Invoice Processing Invoice total in the header

Hi @Sppokle 

Thank you so much for your post. The common cause of this issue is the tax didn't match. The system did not recognize the tax code that's why the amount of the invoice shown is incorrect. 

Feel free to send me a private message if you have questions.
Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Sppokle
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

23Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Re: In tray Invoice Processing Invoice total in the header

HI

I think maybe I did not make it clear enough. When an invoice is scanned into the MYOB In tray, when you open it in Purchasing, it is a document with a total in line 1. This has to be broken down into line items as we have varying GL CODES. 

So when you overwrite line item one amount, the amount is no longer available, so there is no check to the initial total of the invoice.

As to my using the incorrect GST Amount, this is not true as I am an NFP, and due to the nature of our business, there are varying amounts of GST hence I only ever capture our invoices as INCLUSIVE. But what is lacking is the header total double checking that the line items total is the same regardless of the GST amount.

Now in MYOB's competitor, this works as I have described, I am fortunate enough to work with both products and find the things that make sense in one and don't work in the other.

sure that the amount is entered according to the total value of the invoice. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post