Linking supplier or employee to a card

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
NDMA1
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Linking supplier or employee to a card

Hi all,

Trying to get to grips with the new software and was reconciling the account and wanted to put a purchase through as owner/shareholders drawings, which was fine before in accountright, but now i get this: A Personal card is currently linked to this transaction. You must firstly link a Supplier or Employee card to this transaction before making the transaction an Electronic Payment. You have indicated that the transaction is to be paid electronically. Personal Cards cannot be linked to electronic payments. 

So how do I link the Supplier or Employee to a transaction first....

Any ideas???

TIA

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Linking supplier or employee to a card

Hi @NDMA1 

Thanks for your post. That error is indicating that you have selected a Personal contact and the electronic clearing account when recording that transaction.

The electronic clearing account is used to make bulk payments using an ABA file. When processing the Prepare electronic payments transaction the software pulls the bank details from the supplier/employee card to create the ABA file. As bank details cannot be entered in Personal cards you will get that error.

It works the same in AccountRight:

image.png

You would need to enter the bank account the funds are being withdrawn from in the Account field for that transaction.

Link a Supplier or Employee card to the transaction means select a supplier/employee card in the Contact field.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post