My CBA qif file (bankfeed) will not import into my MYOB account using the normal advised process.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Susannah1
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

My CBA qif file (bankfeed) will not import into my MYOB account using the normal advised process.

My CBA qif file (bankfeed) will not import into my MYOB account using the normal advised process.  Please advise 

3 REPLIES 3
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: My CBA qif file (bankfeed) will not import into my MYOB account using the normal advised process.

Hi @Susannah1 

Are you getting any error message while trying to upload the qif file to the software? Please attach a screenshot of the error so we can investigate further. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Susannah1
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: My CBA qif file (bankfeed) will not import into my MYOB account using the normal advised process.

Hi Komal_S

I’m so glad to hear from you -  You were so helpful with my last enquiry !

I have having problems with importing my bankfeed into one of my accounts on MYOB (not bankfeed ready).

I select the nominated transactions in my online banking as normal, export them into my download file on my PC ( as an .qif file).

I then select the desired account ( in the “Import statement file” window)

Elect “ Browse” and nominate the desired qif file. ( which appears on the screen)

Then press “Import”

The message that appears at the top of the “ Bank Statement Import History” window is

FILE IMPORTED SUCCESSFULY.  0 BANK TRANSACTIONS WAS IMPORTED FROM THE FILE.  IT MIGHT TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO APPLY YOUR BANK RULES.

Hence no transactions are imported ☹

I follow the same process every month and yet have had no problems until now.

I would REALLY appreciate your assistance, as I was on the phone for 4 HOURS !! ( most of it was on hold) yesterday to the MYOB help line with no resolution.  Ref # 01157822

Kind Regards

Susan

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @Susannah1 

This error can generally occur if the transactions being imported are before the current financial year or opening balance month. Therefore,  in Business Details check if the current financial year is the same as what you want to import data for.

Also check the opening balance month. If this is before the earliest date in the QIF this also needs to be changed (ie importing from start of 2019 financial year then this would need to be July 2018). Both the financial year date and opening balance dates must be correct for the QIF file to import.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post