PAYG issues on BAS

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MJ7
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

PAYG issues on BAS

Hi

I am struggling with this new MYOB upgrade and find the new platform so confusing.

I'm trying to complete my BAS for the Oct - Dec 2022 quarter.  We operate on a cash basis.

When I used the Report function in MYOB and printed out the Business Activity Statement for the quarter, everything appears to be correct except for:

* Total Salary & Wages (W1)
* Amount withheld from payments (W2)

The amounts listed in W1 & W2 are completely different to my Payroll Summary Report for this financial quarter.  My Payroll Summary report figures are more than double than what the MYOB Essentials Business Activity Statement report shows.

My BAS amount will be out by thousands of dollars if I use the Business Activity Report from MYOB Essentials.

I have set up STP reporting correctly so I'm not sure why these Total Wages & PAYG figures are incorrect on the Business Activity Report form.

Can any one please offer some assistance or guidance as to what I'm doing wrong, or suggest why these two reports are so conflicting to each other?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: PAYG issues on BAS

Hi @MJ7 

Thanks for your post. If you're referring to the prefilled BAS in Prepare BAS or IAS, these fields are prefilled according to the pay items selected in the W field set up.

To check this go to Prepare BAS or IAS and click on Settings. Make sure all applicable pay items are selected in the W fields and then click on Update from ledger to refresh those fields.

If you mean the GST return report in Reporting>>Business reports, check that Monthly PAYG Withholding is not selected.

If you continue to have trouble with this please send screenshots of the reports so that I can assist further. Make sure sensitive information is removed from screenshots prior to posting on the Forum.

Let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MJ7
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: PAYG issues on BAS

Thanks so much for your quick reply Tracey.  I had the Monthly PAYG Witholding box ticked.  So when I unticked it as you suggested, my figures are now all correct on the GST Return report.  Thanks for your help!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post