Past period comparison figures on balance sheet report

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
WaynePD
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Past period comparison figures on balance sheet report

How about a simple enhancement to allow us to report comparative figures on the balance sheet report in essentials. We can do it on the profit & loss, why not the balance sheet?

It will make review of client postings and business position so much faster, then having to export to excel and copy the prior year and create the formula etc etc.

4 REPLIES 4
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Past period comparison figures on balance sheet report

Hi @WaynePD 

Sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. In MYOB Business/Essentials you can compare the current year Balance sheet with the previous year by selecting Compare to last year. This compares the period you've chosen in the date range to the corresponding period in the last financial year.  

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

WaynePD
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey

This is obviously an enhancment in the new release, as it certainly wasnt there on Monday when I down loaded reports from the pre- enhanced essentials.

This is a much needed and long awaited enhancement.

Thank you for the reply.

AM1234
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Thank you for responding.

This is a function accountants have been calling for in MYOB for many, many years.  It is one of the biggest reasons our firm doesn't choose MYOB as a preference for software.  The 'Last year' function on the balance sheet is only relevant when you are looking at 30 June dates.   To do a simple comparision with a chosen reporting period prior is still a basic necessity.  EG.  When completing a September BAS, I'd like to see the June balance sheet with a 'movement' column, displaying balances for September from a year ago is irrelevant. 

When looking at year to date management figures, we need to see movement in particular periods, not just "on this day last year".

Is there any thoughts this will be added?

Thanks,

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @AM1234 

Thanks for your feedback, I've passed it on to the relevant teams. Please feel free to add your suggestion to the MYOB Business/Essentials Idea Exchange.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post