Remittance Advice - Supplier Name Error

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
NikiG
Contributing User
14 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

14Posts

264Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Remittance Advice - Supplier Name Error

There is an error on each Remittance Advice that I send through.  The Supplier Name is displaying as on the first four letter of their name in lower case.  For example if the supplier is Bunnings, the remittance advice displays this as bunn, followed by their address.

This is a very unprofessional look.  Are there any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Remittance Advice - Supplier Name Error

Hi @NikiG 

Thank you for your post. The field you mentioned should be pulling in the supplier name on the first line, then the address on the second line according to the related supplier card.

Could you provide some more details about what you are seeing on your end? When you go into the Remittance advice tab and tick the remittance you are about to send, does it show 'Bunnings' or 'bun' in the supplier column? Does it only occur when you email, or does it happen when you download as PDF as well? 

I recommend clearing the browser cache which can resolve some odd behaviour in reports and forms: Clear my cache.

If that does not resolve the issue could you please attach a screenshot of the Payment to Supplier window and the Remittance Advice so I can reproduce the error? 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

NikiG
Contributing User
14 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

14Posts

264Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Samara,

When i go to the remittance advice tab it shows the complete supplier name (eg. Shane Fleming).  When the email is sent it shows as shan.  I have attached the remittance advice and screenshot.

I have tried to download the remittance as a pdf however I do not know where it downloads to.  MYOB shows a sucessfully downloaded message, yet it is not in my downloads file.  It disappears. 

I have cleared the cache and the issue is still occuring.

Attachment removed from public view - Samara

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 4.57.56 pm.png
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Hi @NikiG 

Thank you for sending the additional information through. It should be inserting the Supplier Name to that first line of the Remmitance Advice but I can see that there is a difference in the Supplier Name on the bill and the first line on the rimmatance advice.

Could you confirm the last 4 digits of your Serial Number, and send a screenshot of the Contact Card showing the Billing Address to me by Private Message so I can investigate further?

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

NikiG
Contributing User
14 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

14Posts

264Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi Samara,

I have fixed the error by deleting all invoices and payments, creating a new contact file and re-entering all invoices and payments.  This was frustrating, however I needed this fixed to send remittance.  

It would be helpful if MYOB Essentials/Business allowed businesses to merge contact cards like Xero does.  MYOB seems to be getting further and further behind.

Thank you for your attempts to help.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post