Reporting on Suppliers that have been updated via the Spend Money module

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
inchi
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Reporting on Suppliers that have been updated via the Spend Money module

Hi, I have just (well almost) updated MYOB Business with 2022/2023 transactions which were perviously done via spreadsheets, bits of paper etc etc.

I am now having to investigate some "suppliers" and their related  purchase transactions . Mostof our purchases are made via the Spend Money module as they are mainly done by cash using debit cards for purchases say at Bunnings, Supermakets (coles woolworths aldi) another small retailers. I have used this module as i do not have Purchase orders, Invoice numbers etc and the transactions are all cod.

My problem is that I cannot get a report of transactions made by the Spend Money module.  It is as though these transactions are totally unrelated to the supplier that provided the goods and services. I need to validate certain transactions to ensure that they have been given a correction Job Number. 

The only way to view transactions is via each individual reference number and it appears to me that only the accounting view matters with regard to reports.

Should I have entered all purchases via the Purchases Module; would this resolve my issue.  If yes can MYOB manipulate my entries behind the scenes to change the point of entry from Banking to Purchases.

Or do I need to start again????

I would be extremely grateful if someone can come up with a solution for me please.

Also in addition the job reports are only about accounting and not the who froms etc etc, most unsatisfactory as all the data is in the system but there is a severe limitation in providing information other than accounting

Cheers

Greg Clark

(The Hurrier I go the Behinder I get)

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Reporting on Suppliers that have been updated via the Spend Money module

Hi @inchi 

Thanks for your post. Supplier reports are based on transactions entered in Purchases. This does mean that if you want to track purchases made from specific suppliers you would need to enter the transactions through Purchases. When recording a Create bill transaction you don't need to enter a purchase order no or supplier invoice no and for COD payments you can enter the payment in the Amount paid field. 

We're not able to change transaction types from our end, you would need to delete and re-enter those transactions. Your other option is to enter the supplier name in the Description of transaction field in the Spend money transactions. You can then search by that supplier name in Banking>>Find transactions>>Search field.

If you use Purchases to record bills you will also be able to see the supplier name when running the Job transactions accrual report. The Job activity report displays the supplier/customer name for purchases/invoices and the description field in Spend/Receive money transactions. When viewing these reports click on the expand arrow to view detailed information.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post