CATS283260
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

TPAR lodgement failed & no ABN linked when lodging via ATO

I feel like I'm going around in circles! 

When I've prepared the report from MYOB and lodged this with the ATO it comes up with this error. I have tried the 'Notepad ++' application and found the error for line 510, but it's still failing. 

Also, its strange that when it lodges, my clients' ABN isnt linked with the file type. 

MYOB Version is: AccountRight Standard AU 2021.8.0

TPAR year: 2022FY

Validation status: Test failed

Document name: TPAR.C01

File type:

Date/Time file received: 06/09/2022 12:04:12

File size (bytes): 456192

Reason: Line 510. The file contains non-ASCII characters. To lodge a file electronically you must first create a file that is generated from your software in a format and version supported by our systems. Scanned images or forms, screen prints, spreadsheets and word processing files (for example .pdf, .doc, .xls, .jpg, .tiff) cannot be lodged via the file transfer function on our portals. More information can be found at: www.ato.gov.au/filetransfer or contact your software developer.

Capture.PNG
3 REPLIES 3
SamaraM
MYOB Moderator
983 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

983Posts

45Kudos

137Solutions

Re: TPAR lodgement failed & no ABN linked when lodging via ATO

Hi @CATS283260 

Welcome to the Community Forum. As mentioned in the error message this is due to non-ASCII characters in the file, and Notepad ++ is a good tool to identify where that character is.

You mentioned using this and found the error was happening on line 510. Did you remove the character or update the details to remove that invalid character, then recreate the TPAR file and try again?

If you have done all that and it's still failing, would you be able to attach it in a reply or by Private Message, as well as the last 4 digits of your Serial Number and I will check it for you. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

CATS283260
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Thank you for replying. 

I found that the record #510 was missing some address info. Once i fixed this contact Ithen recreated the file, but it still errored. 

After comparing contact information and TPAR suppliers I found that there was ALOT of suppliers with some type of missing information (which was annoying). 

It would be great if there was an error when creating the file to say Contacts 123 is missing critical information (like ABN/Address/phone number). So it can be fixed prior to creating the file and wondering why it doesnt work. 

SamaraM
MYOB Moderator
983 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

983Posts

45Kudos

137Solutions

Hi @CATS283260 

There is a report that you could customise to give you that information which may help to speed up the process in identifying the cause of the error.

To run the report:

1. Go to Reporting > Reports > Contacts
  2. Choose Contact type and select Suppliers
  3. Choose Customise and find the additional fields you need in the Select columns to display drop down (e.g. you could add ABN and addresses) 

Hope that helps.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post