Transferring Bill expense to a Loan Account

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Opes
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Transferring Bill expense to a Loan Account

Prior to the recent MYOB Essentials (Oct 2022) I was able to create a bill for expenses I as the director spent on my credit card on behalf of the business and then offset it with a negative figure against a director's loan account. Since the upgrade I am unable to allocate the bill / expense to the loan account. 

How do I allocate a bill to a loan account?

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Transferring Bill expense to a Loan Account

Hi @Opes 

Thanks for your post. Firstly, go to Accounting>>Chart of accounts and make sure the Director loan account has the Account type set as Bank or Credit card.

When you pay for an expense with a personal credit card, enter the Bill transaction as normal allocated to the applicable cost of sale/expense account. When you record the Bill payment transaction select the Director loan account in the Bank account field. If you record a Spend money transaction, select the Director loan account in the Bank account field.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post