Trying to make a credit card account inactive

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
gerrymcl
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Trying to make a credit card account inactive

I am trying to mark an closed Credit card "Inactive" in the Chart of Accounts and getting the following message.

An unrecognised error occurred - Accounts_AccountNumberIncorrectLength

Any solutions?

3 REPLIES 3
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Trying to make a credit card account inactive

Hi @gerrymcl 

Thank you for your post, I'd be happy to assist you with this

This might seem like an obvious question, but does the account follow the 2-[####] convention? Or is the name particularly long or have any strange characters?

If it all looks correct, can you please send me a screenshot of the error and account in question (redacting any sensitive information) then attach them in your reply so I can investigate further?

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

gerrymcl
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Screenshot 2022-03-22 152557.png
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Hi @gerrymcl 

That's odd, I have tried to replicate it and it is not getting the same result.

To make sure there's no formatting in the background that is not visible to us causing the issue, can you please try the following troubleshooting:

1. Clear the Google Chrome Cache. (If you are not using chrome, try logging in on Chrome instead)

2. Delete the account number, then type it in again. Click save. Open the account again and try to make it inactive. 

3. Delete the account number, then type it in again slightly different e.g. 2-1104 (or a number that's not being used). Save it, then open the account again and try to make it inactive. 

If the above does not work can I ask you to please private message me your full name, serial number and email address so we can investigate further for you. 

* Update Resolved via Private Message - Account was previously associated to a bank feed so unable to inactivate 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post