Upgrade is atrocious - Can't tell my items as there is no description now

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
USS3301
4 Posts
User

4Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Upgrade is atrocious - Can't tell my items as there is no description now

OMG this is suppose to be an upgrade. How backward this MYOB Business is. I have logged a ticket but still waiting on MYOB Support to help me - Case ID 01198524

Issues im having is as follows

1) I can't tell what the product/item is by the code without a description as the product code is our suppliers code

2) When I invoice the invoice now shows the Accounts Payable Name above the Clients name as it seems to be pulling in Account Contact Field as well.

3) Have to manually enter in invoice numbers and quote numbers and not liking how MYOB just automatically carries on auto numbering regardless of whether you are quoting, doing a purchase order or invoicing.

4) Cant filter properly

5) I Can't upload a pdf invoice from a supplier from data transferred over in the upgrade and have to copy over all the information into a new purchase order to be able to attach the invoice

6) When we go to invoice from a quote which could be months later, the date stays as the quote date and we have to manullay change the date on the invoice everytime

7) You cant have a zero line in an invoice for an item EG: Free Delivery as it wont accept this

8) I cant manually change the account on a supplier invoice for an item EG: Company Vehicle we have rego as the item and some purchases go to fuel account some to rego account some to MV Expenses

9) I cant add in an extra line item if missed like we could in MYOB Essentials in a purchase order or supplier invoice that is already saved

10) I have to always change the date range when search anything it doesnt stay on what you originally pick

11) I cant copy and paste email addresses anymore  like in the old system

12) I cant add anything in notes anymore as it will exceed 225 characters. So alot of my inported ddata when i go into that contact will not allow me to add unless i delete information. We can have many contact email address and Mobile numbers in this field and now the upgrade wont allow it.

13) You cant have a Client as a supplier as well you have to enter all the information seperatley 1 x for Customer and 1 x for Supplier. Waste of my time

14)  I cant allocate a payment in bank feeds to several Clients at a time anymore EG: Alot of our clients own several business and pay all in one payment i could go and allocate to them all in the one transaction and once the balance was $0.00 i could save. Cant anymore

15) I cant change the default expiry date or due date permanently and have to manually change this everytime

These are just things i have find in 1 week. I definately will be switching to Xero in the 2023/2024 FY.

I am certainly not a happy accounts person at the moment. This upgrade has major faults and has not been thought out properly before upgrading everyone

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Can't tell my items as there is no description now

Hi @USS3301 

I'm sorry to hear you're not liking MYOB Business. To assist with your issues:

1) Go to Items>>open an Item>>enter the description and tick Use item description on sales and purchases for that description to show when recording sales and purchases. You can also use your own Item ID and Name, under Buying enter the supplier's product code.

2) Invoices will include the Contact person entered in the Billing section. 

3) Invoices and quotes do use the same auto-number sequence. Using different auto-number sequences for invoices and quotes has been logged as an enhancement request for a future update.

4) Can you provide more information on what you are trying to filter and the window(s) you are referring to?

5) Can you provide more information on this?

6) When you converting a quote to an invoice all information recorded in the quote, including the date, will stay the same. You will need to change the invoice date if required.

7) You can enter a $0 line in an invoice by either creating an item with the Selling price as $0.00. Or, leave the Item ID column empty>>enter the description in the Description field>>select the applicable account>>enter $0.00 in the Unit price column

8) Expenses such as motor vehicle rego and fuel aren't typically inventory items so you would use the Service layout>>enter the description>>select the account>>enter the amount>>select the tax code.

9) To add a line to saved supplier bills, customer invoices, purchase orders and quotes, open the transaction>>add the line and Save.

10) This depends on the window you are searching in, for example, Invoices, Bills and Find transactions will retain the last dates entered.

11) It's not possible to copy email addresses entered in Contacts

12) Increasing the character limit in the notes field has been logged as an enhancement request

13) You do need separate supplier and customer cards in the new platform

14) Bank feeds transactions can be matched to invoices for different customers. In Bank transactions click on the expand arrow for the bank feed>>click Match transaction>>change the Show filter to All transactions>>select the invoices included in the payment>>click Save

15) If you have preferred due date terms, for example 30 days, 14 days, please send me the last FOUR digits of you serial number and the preferred terms and I can arrange to have this set it your file.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

USS3301
4 Posts
User

4Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Can't tell my items as there is no description now

Hi Tracey. No not really for some things. I will send screenshots to you when i am back  into work in the new year . Some things you gave me the answer to but it wasnt what i was hoping to hear. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post