Using Forwarder for In Tray mail

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
WrenMaxwell
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Using Forwarder for In Tray mail

Hi All

I have read some older threads regarding this, but all are closed and several years ago. Please point me to anything more recent as I could not find anything.

MYOB In Tray provides a randomised email address at MYOB for parsing and processing to our In Tray.

The In Tray email address is unique and is processed first by SendGrid as the receiving server/service on behalf of MYOB.

Sending to the In Tray address works fine but for our use:

1. Sending to the randomised@document.myob.com is a complex and physically long address which confuses some of our suppliers and they just email us directly, which is counter-productive.  (Confusion as it looks spammy/scammy and too long for some fields with character limitations in some email/invoicing systems)

2. We would prefer to use a specific email address within our own domain, like intray@wrenmaxwell.com.au, so that our suppliers see that an understand the connection and it is 'short' for easy recognition. 

Ok, so that should not be that hard, but......

The forwarding setup is not working. Emails forwarded are processed as Successful at SendGrid but never hit the In Tray.  Sending direct to randomised@document.myob.com is working fine from multiple addresses including direct from our forwarder email account.

It appears that somewhere in SendGrid, after 'success', but before In Tray receipt, the forwarded email is flagged as an error and not delivered. There is no bounce message or notification received.

For the IT geeks, we have DMARC, DKIM, & SPF configured correctly as all our email is validated for any activity other than this forwarding issue with MYOB.

Does anyone have a working forwarder and what did your IT guru do to get it working?

Thanks.

Tony

3 REPLIES 3
Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,483 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,483Posts

44Kudos

155Solutions

Re: Using Forwarder for In Tray mail

Hi @WrenMaxwell 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

Thank you for your post. In this matter, we cannot change the email for the in-tray to a business/personal email. We can only generate a new email address using MYOB. We will be raising this functions to the relevant team and we will let you know once this feature is already available on the system. 

Meanwhile, you may have a look at this Help Article: Automating supplier invoices that has all the detailed information to assist you with this. 

If you need further help, don't hesitate to start a new post and we'll be happy to assist.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Shella_A

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

WrenMaxwell
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

Your response does not address the actual question or issue.

I am NOT asking to change the email address to anything. The randomised email address at MYOB Intray is not the issue.

I am asking to fix an issue with email processing at SendGrid for MYOB emails:

"It appears that somewhere in SendGrid, after 'success', but before In Tray receipt, the forwarded email is flagged as an error and not delivered. There is no bounce message or notification received."

There is no error received, so I do not have any knowledge to 'fix' whatever the problem is. It should just work.

Please re-read the information provided already.

Thanks

Tony

espertogroup
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Yes agreed this is a really frustrating issue. I have seen countless posts on the forums all outlining the same issue. Email forwarding doesnt arrive in in-tray and no bounce back. I found a really useful bit of information from one of the MYOB reps from back in 2019 you can see here https://community.myob.com/t5/Original-MYOB-Essentials/Email-forwarding-to-In-Tray/td-p/560324/page/... 

Haydes specifically talks about a possible issue which makes sense to me. We use Office 365 and tried to set up auto forwarding as i have done many times before for customers. No email arrives in the In Tray, no bounce back is received but able to change the forwarding address to another email and receive the forwarded email fine.

Haydes talks about email servers that rewrite the email headers when forwarding the message on. They do this to help preserve the original senders email address on the forwarded message. There is no follow up how-ever which is frustrating. Looks like this problem has been around for 3 odd years with no solution,

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post