applying debit (credit) to supplier invoice

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Suengoo
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

applying debit (credit) to supplier invoice

Whenever i try to apply a debit to the correct invoice if the two values are identical myob rejects entry saying.   'The total Amount applied can't be greater than the Debit amount'.  but the values are identical.  if i apply the debit to a different greater value invoice it deducts the debit and leaves the remaining balance still outstanding which is a fix... but that feels like a cheats way out as i am not applying the debit to the correct invoice 

thnx for your assistance 

Sue

Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 10.02.59 am.png
9 REPLIES 9
ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Re: applying debit (credit) to supplier invoice

Hello @Suengoo 

Can you please confirm that on the invoice, you have the item unit price set as a negative? Could you please set the unit price to a positive number, and change the number of units to the negative in this case. 

Or if, this invoice was created from a document from the intray and the amount is the same, there are some cases when a transaction is created from it the total amount will be 1 cent less than on the document, if this is the case you will need to manually update the transaction with the additional 1 cent.

Otherwise, I can suggest clearing the browser cache and attempting to allocate again.

Please let me know how you go.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Suengoo
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

the invoice comes thru as an integrated system .... both the unit price and quantity were automatically negative, i changed the unit price to positive and got the attached message  

Screen Shot 2022-08-17 at 10.13.40 pm.png
Suengoo
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

it looks like it was coming through automatically as you had described .. i have tried clearing the cache previously and also using safari instead of google as my browser. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-17 at 10.16.22 pm.png
ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

That would be because you have set the Discount % to be 200, which is causing the error in this screenshot, 
Can you please confirm that When the number of Units is set as negative, the unit price is positive that the total amount comes as negative, are you able to apply the debit to the invoice.

Or is the original error still popping up when this is happening?

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Suengoo
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

correct.   the invoice comes in with negative qty and positive unit price and it doesnt work.   that screen shot came about cos i changed the actual total price from negative to postive instead of the unit price resulting in the 200% and a debit that was positive instead of negative.....   

when i have -ve qty and positive unit price it definately doesnt work.....

ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Hello @Suengoo 

Can you please confirm which web browser you are using when the error pops up and if it happens when using a different one, such as Google Chrome.

If already using Google Chrome, I would suggest trying in incognito mode. If it works while in incognito mode without giving you an error, you will need to clear your browser cache. 

Please let me know how you go.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Suengoo
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

i am using google chrome ... i tried in  chrome incognito and it still gave the following message i have also tried safari with same result 

you can also see that the Qty and unit price are the correct negative and positives  and it happily works if you use a larger invoice value  to offset against 

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 5.46.00 am.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 5.43.36 am.png
ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Hello @Suengoo 

Sorry for the delay in my response.

Have you managed to resolve this? 

Is the invoice you are trying to linked to a job?  Are the accounts that are linked to this have positive amounts?

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Suengoo
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

17Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

hi Chris 

thank you for following up

No this still isnt really resolved. 

the bills in question are integrated ones with an invoice linked to existing bill. and they are definitely positive. 

my work around is to find a bill from same supplier with a larger invoice value than the debit, then it accepts the debit, but if you try to allocate to the correct original invoice ( if of the same value),  it will not work whatever i try and always rejects it as per the screenshots i sent in august.  

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post