bill numbers still duplicating. URGENT REPLY NEEDED

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
622 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

622Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

bill numbers still duplicating. URGENT REPLY NEEDED

you will see form the screenshot that MYOB is still allowing two bills to have the same bill number...

11828657 TPP and NRMA....I created the TPP bill from the document in the in tray...it shouldnt give the same bill number...Ive wasted time fixing this and by the time I get a reply I will have had to change the bill number....

when is this going to be fixed...we never had this in THE OLD MYOB...IT WOULD NOT ALLOW ME TO USE THE SAME BILL NUMBER. @Melisa_D 

Screenshot 2022-12-15 at 9.41.30 am.png

6 REPLIES 6
joelwy
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: bill numbers still duplicating. URGENT REPLY NEEDED

This is so frustrating, have you found a way to work around to avoid duplication of bull numbers?

ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Hello @LCrowhurst  and @joelwy 

The system should automatically choose the next number in the sequence, I am sorry to see that this has not happened in this case and for the inconvenience that this has caused.

To correct this when you go to create a bill, if you manually change the bill number and save, the system should pick up the sequence from that number and when you go to create the next after that should continue on. 

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
622 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

622Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

@ChrisMYOB wrote:

The system should automatically choose the next number in the sequence, I am sorry to see that this has not happened in this case and for the inconvenience that this has caused.

To correct this when you go to create a bill, if you manually change the bill number and save, the system should pick up the sequence from that number and when you go to create the next after that should continue on.it doesnt...Man Frustrated it keeps duplicating. Man Frustrated

ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Hello @LCrowhurst 

If it isn't continuing with the sequence can you please clear your browser cache or try using another web browser? 

After you clear the browser cache you will need to manually change the bill number for the system to register the number.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
622 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

622Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

@ChrisMYOB wrote:

To correct this when you go to create a bill, if you manually change the bill number and save, the system should pick up the sequence from that number and when you go to create the next after that should continue on. 

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 3.26.17 pm.png

@ChrisMYOB wrote:

As you can see in the screenshot i have lots od bills where they have the same bill number;;

bill numbers 11828631, 11828638 are just a couple that habe duplicated...what are we meant to do here? just not acceptable.Man Frustrated

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
622 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

622Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

@ChrisMYOB wrote:

Hello @LCrowhurst 

If it isn't continuing with the sequence can you please clear your browser cache or try using another web browser? 

After you clear the browser cache you will need to manually change the bill number for the system to register the number.

what am i meant to do with the ones already dupliucated? AS PER MY SCREENSHOT BELOWScreenshot 2023-01-27 at 3.26.17 pm.png

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post