Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Employee payment method

MYOB Essential - I have set up to pay an employee - not electronic as it is to be direct debited each month. How do I link the employee to be paid by clicking cash/cheque to the bank account

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi marnie1967 

Thanks for your post. If the direct debit is set up through your internet banking, go to Payroll>>Employees>>click on the Employee name>>Payment details tab. In the Payment method field select Cash or Cheque and click Save.

You'll then need to go to Accounting>>Manage linked accounts>>Payroll tab and make sure the bank account wages are withdrawn from is selected for Bank account for cash/cheque payments.

If you're using direct payments through MYOB Essentials the Help Article, Setting up for electronic payments, has detailed instructions.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

TessCooney
      Contributing User

Hi Tracey,

Along this thread - I had my employees set to Electronic payments but am paying them manually from the account each week. 

I understand to do this to rectify future payments: 

Payroll>>Employees>>click on the Employee name>>Payment details tab. In the Payment method field select Cash or Cheque and click Save.

You'll then need to go to Accounting>>Manage linked accounts>>Payroll tab and make sure the bank account wages are withdrawn from is selected for Bank account for cash/cheque payments.

However with the previous payruns that were set to 'electronic', will I need to delete them and redo them to get the payroll transactions to match the bank feed? 

Thanks! Tess.

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

TessCooney 

Hi Tess

You could either reverse the pay transactions or process the electronic payments. Personally, I think it would be easier to process the electronic payment transactions. You don't need to upload the bank file to your bank if wages have been paid but you will need to click on Download bank file to record the electronic payment transaction. You can then match the bank transaction to the electronic payment transaction.

You will need to set up electronic payments first:

Setting up electronic payments

Making electronic payments

When processing the electronic payments, one transaction is recorded when you click on Download bank file. So if you have individual bank transactions for each pay, in the Prepare electronic payments window select one pay transaction and click on Download bank file. You'll then have one electronic payment transaction for each bank transaction.

Please let me know if you need further help.