Introducing Badges on the MYOB Community!

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

5,976Posts

0Kudos

477Solutions

Hi all,

We are super excited to announce the introduction of badges on the MYOB Community.

Badges are a fun new way to reward you for being an awesome member of the MYOB community.  And if you’re an MYOB expert, badges make it really easy for others to spot you. 

Here’s four of 60+ badges that are up for grabs:

Basic badges for launch a.png

You can also earn special badges for being the Top Contributor and Problem Solver for each month.

Special Badges.png

We even have some exclusive badges for our VIP members:

Super and Ultimate.png

Where can I see all my badges?

Simply go to your Profile page to see your top five badges and if you have more, click the ‘+ more’ link to view the All Badges page.

What do the badges mean?

When in the All Badges page, you can click a badge to see what you’ve been rewarded for.

Can I see badges earned by others?

Of course, you can! Simply hover over their user name to see their most valuable badges.

User Preview 2.gif

Or go to their All Badges page to see them all. For example check out Ron's (@ronatbas) impressive trophy case!

How will I find out when I earn a new badge?

We‘ll keep you in the know! You’ll get an email with all the details and we’ll also see this in your Notifications.

What does ‘Earned by 21’ mean?

It means that there are 21 people who've earned this badge. The lower the number the more exclusive it is!

Can I suggest some ideas for badges?

Yes please! Simply post it as a comment in here or send me a private message with your suggestions. 

Regards,
Suja Pillai

Social Support and Community Manager
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd

6 Comments
HeatherDBS
Experienced Cover User
126 Posts
Experienced Cover User

What a waste of time and resources. This is not social media or a game. It's a business platform.

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @HeatherDBS,

Thank you for your feedback.

Badging was recently introduced to our forum for many different reasons.

It's a way of encouraging and rewarding participation on the forum and making it easier for members to track their journey, and show off their achievements.

More importantly, it helps the community to easily identify the experts on our forum.

Our community forum has always been and will continue to be a great resource for users of MYOB software and services. Please rest assured that the introduction of badging will in no way impact the help clients receive from this channel.

That said, we understand that it's not for everyone and appreciate your honest feedback.

We are always looking for ways to improve user experience on our forum. So please do let me know if you have any suggestions.

Regards,

Suja

Soucar
5 Posts
Cover User

I couldn't agree more with the comment above ' What a waste of time and resources. This is not social media or a game. It's a business platform.'

We recently converted from Xero to MYOB for the stock functionality and job costing, but I am after realising that any efficiencies gained in that area are negated in so many other ways as the software is no where near as intelligent as Xero's and there are so may extra steps needed to do tasks that are so simple in Xero.

Clearly the focus should be on software improvement and efficiency for users over something like this.

PeterLeonard
Trusted Cover User
170 Posts
Trusted Cover User

I just received a badge for "Voice of Reason". Can you tell me what that was for and when I last contributed to the Forum please?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @PeterLeonard

Great to hear that you have received a new badge!

You can see a list of your current badges by viewing your profile page (Avatar/image in top right and selecting My Profile from the pull out menu) you would then be able to see you latest badges. If you wish to see what they are for selecting the +x More option and then hover over the selected badge. For example, you have just earnt the Voice of Reason badge this is awarded for 50 Kudos being awarded to yourself.

On your Profile page, you can also see your recent posts.

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let us turn off notifications for badges. I don't get emails but I still get the notification on my avatar and I think someone has finally replied to one of my posts... And as I've changed jobs and am now registered as a new user, I'm reactivating all those early badges that come up every time you breathe.
Refer to my previous comment as HeatherDBS above. All other posts on this topic appear to have been closed/archived so I have come back here to rant again rather than starting a new post.