Australia
Experienced Cover User

23Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Closed transactions showing on reconciliation report

Hi there

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but when trying to print my daily bank rec, previous closed transactions are now appearing in the report too, going back to the 13th Oct (seems to be the date the error started).

Is this a known bug, and if so, is a fix in the process?

6 REPLIES 6
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
5,411 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,411Posts

508Kudos

800Solutions

Re: Closed transactions showing on reconciliation report

Hi @MultiScreen 

If you're using MYOB AccountRight, sometimes this can happen due to a glitch in the reports. So we can confirm that's the issue, can you please do the following:

1. Check Last Reconciled date on Reconcile Accounts window.
  2. Go to Reports > Banking > Cheques and Deposits > Reconciliation Report
  3.  Select Advanced Filters
  4.  Select Individual bank account > OK
  5.  Select Change Entered Statement Date to List of Recorded Statement Dates and Run Report
  6. Click on Statement Date to see all statement dates

If the latest date on this report does not match the last reconciled date on the reconcile accounts window, that means there is an issue with the report. In order to correct it, take a backup of your file, and

1. Go to Banking > Reconcile Accounts
  2. Enter a fake date after the latest statement date: e.g. 01/08/2023. Ignore the message about the transaction being future-dated.
  3. Enter the Calculated Statement Balance into the Closing Statement Balance field, so that the Out of Balance is $0.00
  4. Press the Reconcile button. This should then allow you undo the 'fake' reconciliation and any other future dated transactions and the transactions should show up for you to reconcile again.

Let us know how you go on.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MultiScreen
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

23Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Komal_S

Thank you for your reply.

The last reconciled date is always the day before, so that is fine.  The issue is with payment and receipt transactions on recorded on 13/14 October.  They are showing as outstanding, and the final balance does not match the actual account balance.  In the banking module, Reconcile Account window, there are no outstanding transactions.  Each day I will post transactions, enter todays, date, tick all items to reconcile, then when I press the 'Reconcile' button, and try to print the report (which used to show only the transactions I see in screen in the module window) I'm also seeing the 13-14th transactions too.  If I enter a date of 31/12/3099 there are still no transactions - so no anomolies have gone into the future.

I

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
5,411 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,411Posts

508Kudos

800Solutions

Hi @MultiScreen 

In that case, the next thing to check will be calculated statement balance by following the steps give below:

1. On the Reconcile Accounts window:
    1. Enter the closing date of your latest bank statement in the Bank Statement Date field.
    2. Enter $0.00 in the Closing Statement Balance field.
    3. Select all transactions as cleared and take note of the Calculated Statement Balance .
  2. Go to Find Transactions > Accounts tab.
  3. Select the bank account you're trying to reconcile.
  4. Enter the closing date of your latest bank statement in both the Dated From and To fields.
  5. Press the TAB key on your keyboard and take note of the Ending Balance in the bottom-right of the screen.

If the Ending Balance is not the same as the Calculated Statement Balance, send us a Private Message with screenshots of both these windows.

If both the balances match, follow the instructions given on: Resolving out of balance bank reconciliations help article and let me know if you have additional questions. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

MultiScreen
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

23Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi there

I think you may be missing the problem.  There is no issue with reconciling the account.  I've done the first part, and the bank balance is correct, the ending balance is corrrect, and these steps showed no error transactions.  The issue is if I go to print the bank rec, this report then shows cleared transactions since the last bank rec.  The last bank rec was yesterday, but this report is showing transactions dated 13th and 14th Oct, which were cleared on the 13th and 14th Oct reconciliations respectively.  If I then go to Reports, Reconciliation Report-for this account, and the statement date of today, it shows more receipts clear on this day.   So basically, the same report from 2 different locations, producing different information. It's a reporting issue.  My guess suggestion is to delete all these transactions, re-enter them all in, and see what gets produced then ?  It's odd that transactions after this date have been processed correctly.

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
5,411 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,411Posts

508Kudos

800Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @MultiScreen 

If the reconciliation is all okay, and the issue is just with the reconciliation report, it can be fixed by doing a reconciliation future-dated and then undoing it, even if there are no transactions showing up when you enter a future date. This has happened to fix the issue with already closed transactions showing in the recon report for many users and would be worth giving a try. 

I noticed that you mentioned " If I enter a date of 31/12/3099 there are still no transactions - so no anomalies have gone into the future", it's common for no transactions to show up, but following the process given in my first post and then undoing the reconciliation can still fix the reports, please try it and let me know how you go on. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

MultiScreen
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

23Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Komal

This seems to have fixed it.  Thank you for your assistance.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post