MichaelB52
4 Posts
User

4Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Continuity of Reference numbers

The most annoying problem at the monent is that i have lost continuity of reference number

Using Spend Money my last ref no SM 000745 but since the upgrade i have lost the ref number it was reset to 1.

General journal entries have started with a number GJ000629 which is unrelated to anything the next journal entry number should have been JE000326.

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
7,891 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

7,891Posts

1,002Kudos

1,240Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Continuity of Reference numbers

Hi @MichaelB52 

Thanks for your post. If your reference numbers have reset after migration you will need to manually change the number sequence. A way for the software to 'remember' a new sequence, is to manually change the invoice number to the desired number. After doing this manually for about 5-7 invoices (enter 00000200, 00000201, 00000202, etc), the software will 'remember' the new sequence and automatically process this for any future invoices.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Keay
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

25Kudos

0Solutions

I found this irritating too and no - the system did not "remember" the new sequence of number. We need to keep manually changing everything. 

Leanne123
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Your solution does not work for spend money and also doesn't work if you use letters in the reference number.  It it very annoying and needs to be fixed.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post