Partner Zone

Credit Card Purchases

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
BSMOBILE
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Credit Card Purchases

We purchase a lot of parts and consumables for jobs we do for our customers on our business credit card.

When the purchase appears on myob the next day to reconcile I allocate it to "purchase parts for job" as an expense of the business: my question is then do I need to create a bill or spend money for the invoice from our supplier..? I'm not too sure if I need to do this as well.

thank u!!

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
7,891 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

7,891Posts

1,002Kudos

1,240Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Credit Card Purchases

Hi @BSMOBILE 

Thanks for your post. In Essentials there are two ways to handle your bank transactions:

1. Matching - matches the bank transaction to a transaction already recorded in Essentials
  2. Allocating - allocates the amount to the selected account and automatically records the Spend or Receive Money transaction

If you enter supplier bills in Create Bills you need to enter the payment in Pay Bills and select the credit card as the From Account. Then match the bank transaction to that bill payment.

If you don't need to track or reconcile supplier purchases you can allocate the bank transactions and the Spend Money will be automatically recorded in your software.

These help articles have detailed information that you may find helpful:

Matching bank transactions

Allocating bank transactions

Entering payments made to suppliers

Create bills

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

BSMOBILE
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User