Partner Zone

MYOB Essentials Reconciliation issues

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
rherron
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB Essentials Reconciliation issues

I had my accounts fully reconciled up until 30 June 2021 - no issues, no unreconciled accounts.

I go to do July-Sep BAS and in the process I do the bank rec as normal. It's all out of balance. I go back to previous bank recs and they are out of balance as well despite being fully ticked off/saved/reconciled as at June 30.

There are also 10 random transactions going back as far as 2018 that are apparently unreconciled. if i tick these off I am still out $300. I don;t want to have to undo all reconciliations back to 2018 and nor should I have to when everything was completed up until June 30, 2021.

What's the solution?????

bank rec myob 1.JPG
bank rec myob.JPG
4 REPLIES 4
Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
10,408 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

10,408Posts

1,258Kudos

1,568Solutions

Re: MYOB Essentials Reconciliation issues

Hi @rherron 

Thanks for your post. Making changes to transactions will cause them to become unreconciled and all future reconciliations will then be out of balance. As bank reconciliations follow on from the previous one you will need to undo the recs back to when the out of balance first occurred, then re-do the reconciliations.

This help article, Fixing out of balance bank reconciliations, has detailed information. To prevent this from happening again if may be worth setting a lock date  once all tasks are completed for the period.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

rherron
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

I didn't make any changes to any transactions.  As I mentioned, everything was fully reconciled up to June 30, 2021. 

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
10,408 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

10,408Posts

1,258Kudos

1,568Solutions

Hi @rherron 

Your previous recs now being out of balance indicates that previously reconciled transactions have become unreconciled. I'd recommend following these steps to find when the out of balance occurred:

1. Go to the Reporting menu and choose Reports.
  2. From the Banking section click to run the Banking reconciliation report.
  3. For the Bank statement date, enter or select the date of your previously reconciled bank reconciliation. If you're not sure of the dates, check the Banking reconciliation report (Reporting menu > Reports > Banking tab > Banking reconciliation).
  4. Work back until you find a month where the out of balance is zero ($0.00). This identifies that the suspect transaction(s) will have occurred in the following month.
  5. Identify which transaction(s) are causing the out of balance by comparing the Banking reconciliation report with the corresponding bank statement.
  6. Correct the transaction(s) causing the out of balance. You can open a transaction to edit or delete it by clicking its reference number. See Editing bills, Editing invoices or Deleting transactions.
  7. Re-reconcile the corrected transaction(s).
  8. Repeat with each subsequent reconciliation until no more out of balances are found.

If previously reconciled transactions have become unreconciled you do need to undo all recs back to when the out of balance started and re-do the reconciliations.

Please let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

rherron
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Yep, that's what I am going to have to do. My point was that there were no unreconciled accounts up until June 30, 2021 so I shouldn't have to go back and do all this unneccessary work.

It is only after the update that this problem has occurred, though how, I don't know.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post