MYOB Essentials upgrade issues

Shazza86
2 Posts
User

2Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB Essentials upgrade issues

Not sure who designed this "upgrade" but i would refer to it as selling my Ferrari for a Moke

The layout and everything was simple, users such as myself were used to it, it was efficient and simple to use.

Did it need such a massive overhaul? 

I read that things had been added as requested by users, so why did they not just add them instead of a complete rebuild? 

The amount of money spent on a dev team to create this could have been better spent taking the MYOB CEOs on a holiday. Its been nothing but a time consuming waste.

I do notice that all the responses are "watch the accademy" or something similiar... WHY? 

we all knew how to happily use the programme as it was, now we are not only paying more money for it, but we are now told we have to take time out of our lives to go and re-learn something we all had been satisfied with using to begin with?

The Dashboard needs a modification layout button, things we do not and never will use are now on the dashboard, and things we always used or liked are now gone. 

Who cares about targets? The pie chart was clear and simple. Now a graph that is not clear is its "update"

The banking tab on the dash so i could see my account funds, which as a business owner was a handy thing as its good to know how much is there before i spend money... now gone... 

Lets see, all who read this comment on things that have been changed and should never have been touched. lets see how long this list gets.

We almost spend more time on the phone to the accountance office sorting out things then we do working, which takes up THEIR time as well as ours.

Can we Send an invoice to MYOB to get back the money we are losing to having to waste extra time with this?

Not sure if this was an American style design or just some highly trained university grad wanting to flex there programming skills but they should be sacked.

Not impressed, almost considering going and using an Open Source accounting program as it is free, has constant support and Only gives you what you want instread of forcing you to do what someone else wants you to do.

I did use the online customer support, started the chat, all going well, got to a point where I dont think the helper knew how to help so they just ended the chat... nice work guys you are really making friends and money here.

9 REPLIES 9
Billingsley15
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB Essentials upgrade issues (who has the time to watch the accademy?)

Mate, there is only one thing wrong with your post, you are being far too nice to the developers. As you said, everything worked before, just as we all wanted it to. If it ain't broke !....................

I had an hour on the phone with a human! and she was so understanding and was trying so hard to find explanations of the problems we are experiencing. I only got to discuss about 5 issues that make the program completely unusable. I was told that the developers would be looking into these issues. I have used accounting software for around the last 25 years and had finally concluded that MYOB was the way to go.

And now with great disappointment, I am forced to find an alternative.

Lisa_BBP
Trusted Partner
110 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

110Posts

90Kudos

5Solutions

At least you got an upgrade (tongue in cheek) my client who was one of the first to use Essentials was told that MYOB are only concentrating on their new customers (go figure) they had been waiting for so long they switched programs!
Lisa_BBP
Trusted Partner
110 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

110Posts

90Kudos

5Solutions

Agree, they break everything they fix and add broken bits to fix. I have been using MYOB since the nineties and have watched the program implode!
Shazza86
2 Posts
User

2Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

There are some decent open source ones out there.... i think the biggest thing that has happened here is... it was an Australian owned company based in Victoria, the layout was simple and did the job just like evey Aussie invention.

Now it owned by an American company and there are a few terms and changes that I have noticed that are not Australian and ironically enough similar to other American owned accounting programms. 

I wonder if this is almost an Ombutsman issue, as we have paid for a subscription for a product that we now have no access to as it has been changed to a less then satisfactory boardering unsuable product that we are forced to use? not sure but something seems shify

@Billingsley15 wrote:

Mate, there is only one thing wrong with your post, you are being far too nice to the developers. As you said, everything worked before, just as we all wanted it to. If it ain't broke !....................

I had an hour on the phone with a human! and she was so understanding and was trying so hard to find explanations of the problems we are experiencing. I only got to discuss about 5 issues that make the program completely unusable. I was told that the developers would be looking into these issues. I have used accounting software for around the last 25 years and had finally concluded that MYOB was the way to go.

And now with great disappointment, I am forced to find an alternative.

Billingsley15
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Absolutely spot on. Unfortunately the Ombudsman option would at best perhaps facilitate some form of refund. But the bottom line is still that the program we wanted/needed is gone!

Greenheart
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

38Posts

70Kudos

0Solutions

Great post Shazza

You and everyone who has replied to you are spot on

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
43,275 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

43,275Posts

5,816Kudos

6,465Solutions

Re: MYOB Essentials upgrade issues

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the newer MYOB Essentials product range.

The Original MYOB Essentials platform did offer some fantastic features and workflows. The newer MYOB Essentials platform does build on some of those features. While we are aware that some features and workflows are different, the focus moving forward is on that newer platform while incorporating some workflows from the previous platform into this one.

There was some talk on this thread around the MYOB Academy course: What's new in your MYOB Essentials upgrade. While we do understand that not every user would be able to watch or receive that training, we do recommend if you have a period of time to view that course as it does outline some of the key benefits and changes in that platform. If you are more of a reader or just want more of an overview, check out Help Article: Learn about general feature changes after upgrading

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

vs7024
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Totally agree with you on this Shazza.  This is also now costing my customers money, as i am having to on-bill the extra hours spent navigating their MYOB accounts, not to mention the unwelcome hefty hike in subscription fees from MYOB in this economic climate.

Jenny37
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

19Posts

25Kudos

0Solutions

There are no Benefits to this.

If the program just performed in a timely manner and we were not forced to transfer to a sub standard program. Please do not suggest a Course/Training, its an insult to your users. MYOB developers need the training to design and provide an adequate product for a consumer to get what they pay for. "An Accounting Package that works"

Over 2 years ago when first being rolled out to new users this program was a disaster. I changed that client over after dealing with the program and Customer service/ Tech Support for over 5 months at my cost.

My Client is very happy with Xero as I am sure many thousands of users will be once they make the switch.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post