RobE
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Need help allocating payroll transactions since new essentials update

Since the new essentials update I am unable to work out how to match the bank transaction to the payroll transaction. Please help!

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
10,408 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

10,408Posts

1,258Kudos

1,568Solutions

Re: Need help allocating payroll transactions since new essentials update

Hi @RobE 

Thanks for your post. If your employees Payment method is Electronic pay transactions are posted to the electronic clearing account in the newer MYOB Essentials. This is a new process as we've added the ability to pay both employees and suppliers using an ABA file.

You'll need to process electronic payment transactions in the Prepare electronic payments window and match these transactions with the bank transactions.

These Help Articles have detailed information and instructions:

Setting up electronic payments

Making electronic payments

Learn about payroll changes after upgrading

To check if pay transactions have been posted to the electronic clearing account go to Banking>>Find transactions>>Debits & Credits>>Source journal: Payroll and check the asset (1-1xxxx) account. If it's not the electronic clearing account make sure it's the correct bank account. You can select the applicable accounts for pay transactions in Accounting>>Manage linked accounts>>Payroll.

If you don't want to pay employees using an ABA file you can change their Payment method to Cash or Cheque.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post