New MYOB essential is terrible

fatena
1 Post
User

1Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

New MYOB essential is terrible

Hate it, and client hate the change, they ask is Xero better.

MYOB use to be be greater than I do not know why to change to be copy XERO when you very better in the first place.

I do not what GST combined I what it separate as it was before GST Collected and GST paid.

I do not what Super payable and PAYG Withholding combined into one account.

If I wanted this to happen I should have just signed up with XERO

What has gone wrong in MYOB, it never was like this before

10 REPLIES 10
Melisa_D
MYOB Moderator
6,647 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

6,647Posts

468Kudos

744Solutions

Re: New MYOB essential is terrible

Hi @fatena

I'm sorry to hear that you're not liking the upgraded platform, I have passed your feedback on to the teams. If there is anything we can assist with please do let us know, we'd be happy to assist. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

nousername
5 Posts
User

5Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

Agree. The new upgrade is loaded with errors and MYOB doesn't seem to be acknowledging the issue at all.

WonderWomen
1 Post
User

1Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Totally agree,

The suttle changes are absolutely unusable. What has happened to PDF files??? Customers are not happy, staff are not happy and it now takes extra time to create one simple document. 

Tried to contact support after being on hold for nearly 2hrs for the support team to tell me they can not fix this issue. I now need to create a document view it in pdf, download it, then print it, and then try to email it. Even emailing is a problem: if I ad a cc the document does not email, WHY??? 

Shame on you MYOB

sandyz
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

I'm also very dissatisfied, as a small business owner it has made my tasks hader.

Also cannot currently pay super due to the changes

not good enough, should have given the option to keep the old version, not mandatory upgrading, in our case without notice

DazzaB
Experienced Cover User
138 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

138Posts

87Kudos

0Solutions

@sandyz 

@fatena 

@WonderWomen 

@nousername 

@Melisa_D 

This is how much MYOB really care about making the program actually helpful for any of us to use

Over the last nearly 30 years that Myob has been around it has fallen from being the cutting edge of a business program that was the best that it could be at the time to something that is rapidly becoming the biggest joke upon all of us who pay them.

I have been trying to get any sort of actual improvements to the basic areas that MYOB is sadly lacking and instead of getting any forward changes they seem to be trying to unimprove it and rapidly.

The number of usuful features that have been destroyed or totally removed is getting beyond a joke

Im my opinion if they were deliberatly trying to make MYOB unusable then they would struggle to do as good a job as they have so far

Darryl

TreeSurvey
2 Posts
User

2Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

I aggree, I am moving to XERO. MYOB you suck... your customer support is the worst and your new program stinks

Wendy1234
Experienced Cover User
29 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

29Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Why won't they listen? Why won't they acknowledge the program is full of bugs? I've used MYOB for many many years from AccountRight to now Essentials and it's always been a pretty user friendly program. This update is a nightmare. I'm trying to chase up overdue payments and I can't even email overdue invoices to collect payment. I'm trying to apply payment to customer multiple invoices and it won't let me even do that. It's so frustrating. Trying to do bank reconciliation - won't reconcile. Always used to be an easy process, now its unworkable. It's like everything that was input before the update is now not working. And I'm probably one of the lucky ones as it's just me working on MYOB Essentials - i'd hate to think what bigger businesses with multiple MYOB users are going through. Do the right thing and just roll it back to the old version ... if it ain't broke - don't fix it!

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
8,308 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,308Posts

1,030Kudos

1,289Solutions

Hi @Wendy1234 

So that I can assist with your issues can you please provide more information. 

What happens when you try to email overdue invoices? Are you getting any errors?

What happens when you try to allocate payments to multiple invoices? Are you getting any errors?

With the bank account not reconciling are you referring to the Reconcile accounts window? Is the Closing Bank Statement balance the same as the closing balance on the bank statement? If not, you'll need to manually change it to the bank statement balance. If the Closing Bank Statement balance is correct can you give me more information on why it won't reconcile.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Wendy1234
Experienced Cover User
29 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

29Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Hi Tracey,

The trying to email overdue invoices is in another forum. I've tried what has been suggested - no luck, waiting to hear back.

The allocate payments to multiple invoices in another forum - answer given does not help. I have responded to both.

The Reconcile EOM i've manually changed the closing back statement so all good there.

thankyou 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post