Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

23Kudos

0Solutions

New update is terrible

The new update to MYOB Essentials has rendered the software useless. its just taken me over 2 hours to reconsile a handful of transactions & send of maybe 15 invoices.

no longer does it attempt to auto match a transaction, instead you have to go in to a match menu and find it from there. that in itself is a pain as you have taken away the clients name from the list and only show date & invoice number.

Then there is invoicing, there is not a ton of load screens between entering data and to top it off everything is now so slow.

I timmed how long it was taking to do up an invoice and send it off.. 1m3s... not very effecient at all.

why is there now a captcha when sending invoices????

You managed to make some pretty graphs on the dashboard that are completely useless whilst pushing this platform back to what accounting software was like 10 years ago.

Completely unusable jank now. Looks like Xero may be the way forward because you sure did drop the ball on this one.

I may be able to get past all my gripes with this if only it wasnt so slow now. seriously dial up internet in the 90's was quicker than some of the load screen promts (to select a customer... seriously? why is a simple taks like this taking so long).

At least put in a way for us to revert back to before you this miserable excuse for an update.

16 REPLIES 16
eug5854
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

25Kudos

0Solutions

Re: New update is terrible

Fully agreed. New update is very bad. The CC email address option is gone in supplier/customer contacts. All them specific email addresses wiped. Now must dig around and  find them and punch them in with the main email addresses. This is only one of many issues this evening.

Please please please.

Is it possible to roll back to the previous version???

Peter15
2 Posts
User

2Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Lots of little bits and pieces moved around to unintuitive menus and such.

Plenty of little tricks to catch you out for no good reason at all, items that were set up previously and working now broken, taking plenty of sitting waiting for the purple circle to spin while you tear your hair out searching for what new needle is hiding in the MYOB haystack.

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
8,278 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,278Posts

1,024Kudos

1,284Solutions

Hi @MattK1 

We are aware that some users are currently experience performance issues/slowness and our developers are investigating this. We would appreciate it if you could provide the following information:

• the last FOUR digits of your serial number
  • are there pages that are worse than others, eg, banking, payroll etc
  • what do you see when it is slow, eg, spinning wheel, error messages
  • is it all times of the day or at certain times
  • are there any other programmes running at the same time, eg anti virus

With regard to automatic bank feed matching, the upgraded version of Essentials will try to automatically match bank transactions with existing Essentials transactions. To automatically match the transactions must have the same date and amount. If automatic matching is not working for you I'd need some screenshots so that I can look into this further.

When manually matching a bank transaction if you have recorded a Create payment transaction the customer name will appear in the Description field. If you have recorded a Receive money transaction the Description field is pulled from the Description of transaction field in the Receive money transaction, you will need to manually enter the customer name here.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MattK1
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

23Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey, 

I'm sorry but that is the most convoluted and pathetic way you could have possibly updated the wat transactions are reconciled.

Previously if I had say 10 payments for $77 it would automatically state 10 transactions matched, then from there it would display the invoice numbers and clients name which you then selected which client it was for.

Now I have to click a drop down arrow, select match transaction which now only brings up list of dates and invoice numbers. I now have to manually click each invoice to load it (when it actually decides to load) then find the correct one for that client, select it and save.

In what world is that better?

Also you want to know when it is operating poorly??? All the time. Morning, lunch & dinner.

That annoying spinning purple ring is the source of my nightmares.

Honestly whoever signed off on this update should have stuck to what the business name states.... MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!!! don't screw around with what's not broken.

You had a perfectly functional and simple platform that you have managed to turn into the most utterly pointless and almost unusable (unless you now have hours to complete admin tasks due to pathetic performance) platform out there.

You continually say some users are experiencing issues..... I'd like to interject here and say it seems the vast majority or users are experiencing this.

We pay for a service each and every month so I would expect a platform I can actually use.

Allow us to revert back to before this insidious update and get back to managing our businesses instead of wasting time staring at your stupid purple spinning ring.

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
8,278 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,278Posts

1,024Kudos

1,284Solutions

Hi @MattK1 

There hasn't been any change in manual matching, besides a couple of display changes, between the original version of Essentials and the upgraded version.

This is the Bank transactions window in the original version, it has come up with 1 match available, when I click on the down arrow that transaction is listed:

bt1.PNG

This is the Bank transactions window in the new version. It has come up with Possible Match found, when I click on the down arrow it lists two transactions for the same amount on the same day. The customer name appears in the Description field for the Sale transaction:

bt2.PNG

Automatic matching works the same in the new version as it did in the old version, if there is one transaction for the same amount and same date the software will automatically match that transaction with the bank feed.

If you are seeing something different please check any rules that you have created and the type of transaction you are recording.

You can also provide screenshots so that I can see exactly what you are referring to and help in more detail.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

MattK1
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

23Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

I get what you mean in your examples but what im facing is this.

Now i know who the customer is because they used thier name as a reference but when bringing up the list of possible matches there are no clients names displayed so i cant distinguish between whos invoice is whos.

(Screenshot attached).

screenshot1.png
Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
8,278 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,278Posts

1,024Kudos

1,284Solutions

Hi @MattK1 

As explained previously that Description field auto populates with the transaction type and customer name if you record a Create invoice payment transaction:

bf.PNG

bf2.PNG

If you have created an invoice but have not recorded the payment through Create invoice payment the Description field auto populates with the transaction type and customer name:

bf.PNG

bf2.PNG

If you record Receive Money transactions the Description field auto populates with the text that has manually entered in the Description of transaction field:

bf4.PNG

bf5.PNG

Can i get you to open one of your transactions and check the type of transaction and what has been entered into the applicable description field. If they are Sale Invoices please provide a screenshot of an invoice and how it is appearing in the bank transactions window so that I can investigate further.

Can you also let me know if you're using online payments?

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

MattK1
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

23Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Yes I understand everything you have said and either you don't understand the issue I've explained and supplied screen shots for or you simply don't know why it's happening.

But don't worry I've done your job for you.

Turns out it's not displaying names of clients on any invoices that were already created prior to the pathetic excuse for an update as all invoices generated post update have the names displayed.

I guess we can add this to the list of things your development team screwed up when designing this update.

DanielMills
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Just adding my frustration to the previous comments. Bank reconciliations and transactions are awful, automatic matching isn't clear and there are far too many clicks to see what the software has matched. When you try to match something else the originally matched payment doesn't dissapear, the new payroll set up is awful, I can't even see a quick figure owing to us when looking at the sales > invoices as it doesn't update the total figure owing when clicking more... Service M8 feed dropped out and all of my invoices were going over 10-20 times before that was fixed. It took me hours to sort through the double ups. Reports are difficult, everything is slow and clunky. If it wasn't broken, why attempt to fix it? It is essentially unusable in the current state. Would love to be able to roll back.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post