TrishaWF_ifr
3 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Old closed bank account has changed balance since upgrade

After the upgrade to MYOB Essentials, we can suddenly see a strange looking minus balance in our bank account that we haven't used since 2017, and which is a really old account.

This was from our Balance Sheet for 2017 financial reporting:

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 11.01.49 am.png

We have not had the ANZ featured in any subsequent years' Balance Sheets, because it was closed before that. Now all of a sudden we are seeing this in our Balance Sheet for 2021 to date:

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 10.25.37 am.png

Where would I look to see where this amount is coming from?

Thanks!

Trisha

4 REPLIES 4
TrishaWF_ifr
3 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Old closed bank account has changed balance since upgrade

Can I please get some help with this?

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
8,308 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,308Posts

1,030Kudos

1,289Solutions

Hi @TrishaWF_ifr 

Apologies for the delay in replying to you. In the Balance Sheet for 2021 financial year if you click on the purple amount it should open a Transactions window which lists the transactions make up that balance. 

Please let me know if you need further help once you've identified those transactions.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

TrishaWF_ifr
3 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hello @Tracey_H 

Thanks for the reply. When I click on the purple amount ($-932.03) in the Balance Sheet, I see all our old ANZ account transactions that were all paid off many years ago (the date range is from 2015 to present). Instead of $-932.03 worth of transactions there is the full amount of debit and credit that ever happened with this account, I am seeing the whole history of the account. And when I limit the date range to just 2021, there are no transactions at all.

I know that I used to be able to click on these amounts in the balance sheet and only see the transactions that totalled the balance sheet amount, but this doesn't seem to be the case now.

This bank account in the chart of accounts has an opening balance in it (which is the balance it had when our records began). It has the "inactive" checkbox checked, and as I mentioned previously, when we last used the account it had $-10.03 in it.

This account didn't show up in last year's Balance Sheet which was submitted for review on 26th April this year (before the upgrade), but now post-upgrade it is showing with the negative amount of $-932.03 - which also shows up in previous years now as well, when it didn't before.

It looks like it's cropped up all of a sudden from years past, but I don't know how to find where it's coming from since whenever I click on any amounts in the balance sheet, it just shows all transactions for whatever date range I'm looking at.

Thank you,

Patricia

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
8,308 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,308Posts

1,030Kudos

1,289Solutions

@TrishaWF_ifr 

Hi Patricia

Thanks for that information. So that I can look into this for you can you send me the following information in a private message:

1. serial number
  2. screenshot of the transactions in the Balance Sheet
  3. screenshot of the Reconcile Accounts window for the old ANZ account
  4. screenshot of the Balance Sheet prior to the upgrade

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?