10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Reconciliation Lost entries

Just wasted hours on the phone to MYOB. My reconciliation LOST a group of reconciled entries. No one in MYOB  can explain the situation. I was advised to cancel the previous rec which i did, and that then was $291 out. The only way to fix it is to enter a dummy payment of $291 which means my p and L is out by that amount. It must be a software error . Anyone know what to do?

4 REPLIES 4
Maddie_G
MYOB Moderator
45 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

45Posts

27Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Reconciliation Lost entries

Hi @treasurerBill,

So sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet! Being $291 out could be caused by a few different scenarios, firstly I would suggest checking when you were last in balance if you can go put the date back in the Bank Reconciliation until you balance as that will narrow down when the possible transaction/s were put through.

Could you also go to your Banking menu then down to Find Transaction and then into Transactions and search for '291' do you have any transactions come up there? This can be where the out of balance is from. You may have an extra spend money transaction created from allocating a bank transaction instead of matching the transaction.

This link is a good one to go through as it has many scenarios as to what may be causing the out of balance. 

If you have any further questions feel free to reply to this post as I can go through this in more detail. Also any screenshots of the searches you make in your file to find this transaction/s and any other steps you have followed to determine the out of balance will be greatly appreciated as we can assist you more efficiently that way.

Kind regards,
Maddie

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

treasurerBill
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Maddie for your reply. I have tried all the suggestions you have made. We have identified the missing items adding up to $291 which were visible when we started to reconcile but would not save. When we went back they were goneThe only conclusion I can make is that on that same evening the new system upgrade took place and somehow corrupted the file. My only challenge now is to explain it to the Auditor!

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
9,561 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

9,561Posts

1,138Kudos

1,445Solutions

Hi @treasurerBill 

I've just replied to your other post regarding reconciliation issues. When you send me the requested information can you also provide detailed information on this issue, including screenshots so that I can look into it for you.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

treasurerBill
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey

Yes it was resolved. The amount was reconciled in October. dropped off in November -on the day of my upgrade. Now fixed.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post