Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

Very disappointed in the "New" Essentials

Everything that used to be easy and straight forward (minimum clicks) now takes so much longer.

So many issues after upgrading (this is by no means an exhaustive list):

• Payroll
    • All part time and casual employees are automatically put in as Full Time with leave accruing etc.   This takes time and effort to correct and when you have a lot of employees and multiple files, it can take a considerable amount of time - who pays for that???  And, who has that kind of time??  We have already been working extended hours due to Covid.
    • Employee notes only allows a certain amount of characters - so if you have employees that you were constantly writing notes in (information such as pay increases - leave taken - changes to employment - promotions, etc) are lost with the New if they don't fit - I found this out the hard way
    • Employees are no longer automatically emailed their payslip - you have to remember to hit the button
    • You have to set up Super again.  And, the new Super does not let you know if you have already paid it, thereby allowing you to double up
  • Banking
    • You can't print a Reconciliation report from the Reconciliation screen - You have to go into reports to do so..  Huh???  Wasted time and effort again.  3 or 4 clicks (and time wasted while you wait for the screens to appear) vs 1.
    • When you are reconciling and entering an account code - every time you touch your mouse, the details disappear and you have to start again!!  What the??
  • Invoicing
    • The templates have less flexibility than the Old Essentials - and that's saying something!
    • The new template has automatically put in a Discount column that you can't get rid of - why would you want a Customer to see that column if you don't offer discounts?  The customer could make the assumption that you offer discounts - just not to them!
  • Time
    • New Essentials takes a lot longer to load than the old.  Then, each screen seems to take longer to load as well.  This adds so much more time to my daily work.
  • Pricing Structures
    • They said they're making it easier - Hmmm..  It's costing most of my clients more for their "streamlined" pricing structure.  It now costs the same if not more than Xero - for an inferior product
  • All my clients who have been upgraded really dislike it, and have asked if they can go back!

I'm not quite sure who MYOB is talking to, but it's definitely not the end user.

I have decided I will no longer be recommending this product to my clients.  

17 REPLIES 17
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
43,274 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

43,274Posts

5,816Kudos

6,465Solutions

Re: Very disappointed in the "New" Essentials

Hi @Fibi8 

Sorry to hear that you are not loving the newer MYOB Essentials platform. This particular platform does offer new benefits to users and some most requested features of the Original platform. Do check out the Help article: Learn about general feature changes after upgrading for a full range of features and benefits. MYOB Academy course: What's new in your MYOB Essentials upgrade is also a good one to get across those changes.

In terms of the points you have raised, many of the topics you have listed are things that we have heard from other migrated users and have been passed across to the product teams. This is to see what changes we can make in the short term to the platform to improve the workflow for migrated users, while also making long-term scope plans for that platform.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Greenheart
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

38Posts

70Kudos

0Solutions

Steven

Do you know anyone that is liking the new version of essentials ?

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
43,274 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

43,274Posts

5,816Kudos

6,465Solutions

Hi @Greenheart 

We do have a number of different users that do like the newer MYOB Essentials platform and the advanced features that come from that. However, as with the case with most feedback, the negative users are always louder than the positive ones.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Peter_Pan
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

we should have the option to revert to the older version, i agree more time taken to do what was easy on previous version, invoices now are not attaching a PDF as most of my customers are requesting pdf copy so now i have to download and then attach manually, banking sucks compared to old version like you said. and bank transfer from one account to another are now getting allocated to outstanding invoices if the amount is the same so i now have to be aware that i add another 1 cent so they don’t auto allocate. hopefully they will look at a fix.

OHBS
Contributing Partner
5 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

5Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Fibi8,

Not sure if you've already discovered for the Bank Rec issue -having to go to reports to print recon...rpt - try the print function on your browser

Southo
4 Posts
User

4Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

It's bloody terrible.

HassanAli
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

@Greenheart 

I really dont think so ,  any one like the new version , as far as i read the comments of everyone is against the new verion , So wait and see what happens next . Hope Myob and team will sort out all the issues that everyone's made a complain about,,,,,,,

Greenheart
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

38Posts

70Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven

You keep pumping up all these new features that people love.

How about MYOB fix all the glitches in the old features so as we can actually use this product

with out ripping our hair out every time we come across another problem with the program.

You say that the negative will always out way the positive that's because no one has got

anything positive to say about the upgrade.

And i think it's a disgrace that you reply to my comment in such a manner.

Kind Regards

Rodney

Fibi8
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

You say that there are more positive users??  I have yet to meet one. 

And, I would like to know if you actually use the program on a daily basis (the way most of us on here do)?  Do you have any concept of how difficult it is for us end users?

It seems MYOB wanted to make the wrong people happy - made changes that Accountants needed (even though they don't seem to like it either) - rather than the changes that the end user would actually need and have been crying out for for a very long time.

Fiona

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post