2 step Authenticator

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

13Kudos

0Solutions

2 step Authenticator

Hi

Every morning when I login MYOB asks for a code eventhough I tick "remember for 30 days".  I have done the following steps but it has not solved the problem.  

1. I opened Internet Options from the Start Menu

2. I go to the Security Tab and click Trusted Websites:

3. I opened Sites and added myob.com

4. I ensure the Security Level for these specific sites were Low in order to save Cookies.

I have also cleared my browser's cache and cookies in both my default browser and Internet Explorer. It is getting annoying to enter the code every morning, I use the same PC every day.  

Look foward to hearing from someone soon.

Cheers

Jesi

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: 2 step Authenticator

Hi,

Was there a solution to this?  I am also having the same issue...

Thanks

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

13Kudos

0Solutions

I am still waiting for a reply.

Cheers

Jes

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

42Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

I am also having this problem.

A couple of weeks ago I first had the problem that the authenticator code was not accepted. I ran the help line and a very helpful lady very patiently talked me through many steps to try to solve the issue, including the most disruptive clearing browser cache and cookies (and I am still logging back into things I don't access very often).

The last thing suggested after more than an hour on the phone was to reset the clock on the authenticator app. This worked.

Since this major event the "Rember this device for 30 days" function has not worked.

I have also had to reset the clock on the authenticator app a couple more times.

I was happy to have two step authentication when I could tick it to remember for 30 days as this is my personal laptop that never leaves my side.

Having to get the authenticator code every day is just an anoying waste of time.

How can I turn off two step authentication now that it is on?

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

13Kudos

0Solutions

I am still waiting for a solution!!

Highlighted
Partner
4 Posts
Partner
Partner

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I've had this trouble for about a week - even worse when you log in and out of multiple clients in a week!

An answer from MYOB would be rather helpful????

Highlighted
Super User
917 Posts
Super User
Australia
Super User

917Posts

563Kudos

46Solutions

lack of response from moderators on most platforms tends to mean they're waiting for more information so that their posts are relevant.

imagine if you just kept seeing "we'll get back to you", that would be more annoying than waiting for a useful post.

considering how active moderators are on this forum, it's unlikely they're ignoring you but it is strange that nothing has been done at all.

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

42Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

Still no responce.

Still haveing to enter the 2 point authentication code every time I open MYOB.

Highlighted
Super User
917 Posts
Super User
Australia
Super User

917Posts

563Kudos

46Solutions

let's give myob some information to narrow down causes. from this thread none of you have given much in the way of information.

if I were working on the system I'd need to know:

• environment (what os?)
  • product being used (where are you signing in)
  • exact steps being followed
  • did it ever work? (is it a sudden change)
  • do you try logging in with the same browser?

from what I can tell, the online AccountRight series uses me IE core whereas if I were to sign into Essentials I can use whatever browser I like (Opera). so if I change things in IE and log into Essentials, that means nothing and I'll have to start again.

if we give myob info, they'll solve the problem. they have a vested interest in doing so.

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

42Posts

19Kudos

0Solutions

Do you use 2 step authentication?

Does it remember your device for 30 days as the tickbox option says (and as it used to do)?

It seems there are others experiencing this same problem, but I don't know how many?

This used to work as expected. "Remember this device for 30 days" would do exactly as it said.

I use Windows 10 with automatic updates on. (HP Spector 360 i7 8GB RAM 250GB SSD)

I use Chrome as my web browser

"Google Chrome is up to date
Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)"
It used to work fine with Chrome
The problem started when I was completely locked out. 2nd step authentication wouldn't let me in at all.
I rang a very patient MYOB assistance person who led me around the world for a sixpence. Tried clearing cache, tried different browsers, nothing worked until she eventually suggested re-syncing the clock on the android authenticator app.
I was then able to log in, but it no longer remembers my device for 30 days even though I always tick the box.

I enter my user name and password (and tick remember this device for 12 hours)
I then get the second step of authentication.
I tick "remember my device for 30 days"
I enter the code from the Android authentication app.
I get logged in, and remembered for most of a day, but need to do the full two steps of authentication the next day.

I will try on another device and with a different browser and report back.

Is that enough detail?
Is there anything I have missed?
If a MYOB software person was truely interested in trying to work through this they could ask as many specific questions as they need. I am keen to assist any way I can.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post