MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

2FA Emails too slow

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User LouiseBWM
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
LouiseBWM
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

2FA Emails too slow

One of my staff has a real time lag between requesting a 2FA code, and receiving it by email. I have a log of her attempts, and most times she receives the code within the 60 minute validation period, but it still locks her out.

She does not have a smartphone, so cannot use the Authenticator app (which I use).

Can I generate a list of codes for her to use, similar to what we get for the app, or can I add her login to my app (which assumes that I'm in the office when she needs a code - not always).

She hasn't been able to use MYOB all day, and it's getting kind of annoying.

TIA.

4 REPLIES 4
Ultimate Partner ronatbas
4,518 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner

4518Posts

3262Kudos

714Solutions

Re: 2FA Emails too slow

@LouiseBWM

I find this interesting as I use email by preference in MYOB. Recently updated our phones and had to go through the exercise of fixing my Authenticator for Xero. Fortunately someone in the office knew their way trhough the reset system. I have never had an issue with receiving MYOB emails - generally by the time I need the numbers  my phone is telling me I have an email. We run 365 in the cloud email through Outlook.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,933 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29933Posts

3677Kudos

4390Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @LouiseBWM

Just testing email two-factor authentication I was able to receive the required email in a reasonable period of time (less than 5 minutes).

If you are finding that it is taking a longer period of time I would recommend ensuring that the login is not shared across other users and that the user doesn't request for the verification code multiple times as that delay the process. Also, ensure that those emails are not being filtered into spam or junk prior to being received in the Inbox. You also may want to whitelist no-reply@myob.com (ideally the entire @myob.com domain). This will aid potentially those emails being blocked/slowed by the email program/email server.

To answer your enquiry directly, email two-factor authentication doesn't allow for a list of backup codes to the generated, as it does with app authentication. In terms of adding that login to your app, most authentication apps (such as Google Authenticator) allow for multiple accounts to be added, you will just need to ensure that the correct code is entered for the appropriate log in account. It can be set up the same as any other app two-factor authentication. Although, do note that we don't recommend the use of multiple users sharing the one device for two-factor authentication.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User LifePaul
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
LifePaul
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Experienced Cover User LouiseBWM
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
LouiseBWM
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you. I tested it on her computer after she went home last night, and it took 2 minutes. Her login, her email. Soooo, possibly user error. I may look at adding her to my app anyway.

Rgds -

Louise

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post