Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

ABA file for suppliers

Hi All,

Recently moved from a desktop version of Account right V19.15 to MYOB essentials. Have had a few little transition problems but I am getting there.

One question for the group -  how do you do a bulk upload of supplier payments using a ABA file? (I have managed to do it for payroll, but have not been able to see/find the functionality.)

Also, can you download reports into excel to manipulate data as I have to extract certain information from standard report -  this version seams to be limited to pdf with no ability to select or filter data.

Guidance would be greatly appreciated 

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
MYOB Staff Post AliK607
382 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
MYOB Staff Post

382Posts

166Kudos

106Solutions

Re: ABA file for suppliers

Hello @JXE01 ,

Unfortunately, MYOB essentials being a more basic software, does not have the functionality for creating a bulk electronic payment (ABA file) for supplier payments (i.e. Pay bill transactions), the ABA file is only limited to Payroll transactions as you have described.

There are some major reports you can export to Excel. These include Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet, Budgets, General Ledger Detail Report. You will need to look for an 'Export' button or an 'XLS' button at the top right hand side of the screen to export the report to excel. Other reports are PDF only at the moment.

Regards
Ali
MYOB Client Support
JXE01
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Ali,

Are there any plans to upgrade Essentials to include this functionality?

If there are no plan, could yu please indicate what version of MYOB I should upgrade too, to get this functionality back ( I looked on the production options but didnt not or could not find any software that specifically defined ABA file generation for bill payment).

Many Thanks

Jeremy

MYOB Staff Post AliK607
382 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
MYOB Staff Post

382Posts

166Kudos

106Solutions

Hi Jeremy,

We currently have this functionality available in MYOB Accountright Live. It is known as 'Electronic Payments'. This will allow spend money, pay bill and payroll transactions to be included in the ABA file. Please see article below for more information:
http://help.myob.com/wiki/x/PoBW

If you wish to upgrade your v19 data to the new accountright live, please see the link below:
http://help.myob.com/wiki/x/ZIFW

(you will need to take up a subscription for this, let me know if i can assist in anyway)

Regards
Ali
MYOB Client Support
JXE01
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Ali,

Unfotuanetly I have already transistioned to MYOB Essentials and now have considerable information in that structure. The old V19 company file doesnot have the most upto date information.

Can you upgrade from Essentialls direct to Accountright Live, so I dont lose the latest information?

Jeremy

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,904 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,904Posts

4,404Kudos

4,778Solutions

Hi @JXE01 

Currently, MYOB Essentials data is not able to be transferred to AccountRight. 

If you are looking at moving from MYOB Essentials to AccountRight, you would be looking at setting a date to get your current customer, supplier and account balances as at. You would then create a new company file with AccountRight and add that information in via Setup>>Balances or the Easy Setup Assistant.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Ross67
2 Posts
User

2Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

This is rediculous. I cannot understand how a company can have a basic accounting application and not have a mechanism for a streamlined upgrade to their premier product. This is a basic process and a real roadblock for keeping people in your system.

If I can't upgrade from Essentials to Accountright, I might as well convert to Xero.

Ross67
2 Posts
User

2Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I am just trialling Essentials as an upgrade from MYOB Accountright V19.

Uploading payments as an ABA file is an essential requirement for me, and it wasn't clear in the documentation that this was not possible.

I will therefore have to cancel my trial and look at the options.

As there is no upgrade path from Essentials to Accountright Live, I will be seriously looking into alternatives, such as Xero.

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,806 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,806Posts

1,387Kudos

1,673Solutions

HI @Ross67 

As @Steven_M  mentions currently it’s not possible to transfer the information between the MYOB Essentials and AccountRight programs as they are two quite different programs in the back end.

That said I have passed your feedback onto  the relevant teams

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post