Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Account code not showing on General ledger report

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
117Zin
2 Posts
Cover User
117Zin
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Account code not showing on General ledger report

The Accounts Payble 1-1800 is not shown in the General Ledger Details Report, but is shown in the Trial Balance, the Accounts List Report  and the Balance Sheet and details of all entries are shown in the drop down box when clicking on the Balance Sheet. $ value where it is presented under Current Liabilities.

Any help would be apprecaited

Thank you

Neil

2 REPLIES 2
117Zin
2 Posts
Cover User
117Zin
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Account code not showing on General ledger report

Everyone

I think I have answered my own question. 

GST is reported on a cash basis threfore acurals such as accounts payable are not listed in the General Ledger Report. as I also notice that the corroponding debits to the accounts payable credits are also not reported in the G.L. Report for e.g. year ended 30 June 2016.

However, the Trial Balance, P & L and Balance Sheet are automatically preapred on the accural basis.

Question, is it possible to "force" the above 3 reports to be preapred on a cash basis, so as to agree to the General Ledger Report or is a manual adjustment required?

Thanks

Neil

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
31,112 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31112Posts

3932Kudos

4529Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Account code not showing on General ledger report

Hi @117Zin

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

Great to hear that you have managed to find out why that particular transaction is not appearing on the General Ledger report. In most cases it does tend to be the Accounting basis that is the cause.

You also indicated about some other reports that you wish to have default to a Cash basis. For a start the Profit and Loss based reports, do select the Report Options on screen when running that report and select Cash basis for the Accounting period. In theory this should be remembered and therefore not require adjusting. In terms of the Trial Balance and Balance Sheet reports, with MYOB Essentials you are unable to produce these reports on a Cash basis.  A Balance Sheet is basically the balance of your accounts at a set date. Regardless of whether you are on a cash basis or an accrual basis the Balance Sheet would be the account balance at  x date.

For example say I have an invoice dated 01/01/2015 for $100 that went to the Trade Creditors account. Payment was made on that invoice on 15/01/2015 from the main bank account. If I run the Balance Sheet on 02/01/2015 as its design to show the balances as on that date it will show the Trade Creditors account with $100. However as that payment was made on 15/01/2015, if I ran the Balance sheet on 15/01/2015 it will not show the balance of that amount in the Trade Creditors account but in the main bank account.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post