Adding manual super amount is not saved

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Adding manual super amount is not saved

When I complete a pay run and I enter a manual Super amount for the employees, these amounts are not saved when I hit Sav, in fact they are all returned to zero.  However, when I select to complete the payrun or preview the payslips then these amounts are retained.

This is frustrating as it has gotten me into a situation where I wanted to pay super and only realised AFTER I've completed the payrun that the super was not included.

I have to manually enter the Super amounts, as I need to pay it, but the amounts earned was not more than the minimum amount required for Super to auto-calculate.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
3,858 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,858Posts

595Kudos

593Solutions

Re: Adding manual super amount is not saved

Hi @Rookie1 

Thanks for your post. As super is calculated on a monthly basis, Essentials will take that payrun along with the pay history for the month to work out the correct super amount. If your employees do not reach the monthly threshold in the first week but do in the second week, super will be calculated based on those two weeks.

For example:

1st week    wage  $200   super $0

2nd week   wage  $300   super $47.50 ($500 x 9.5%)

3rd week    wage  $200   super $19

So if your employees are reaching the threshold in a month super will automatically calculate and you will not need to enter it manually.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post